1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a different thread, I asked for your recommendations for a pocket holster for someone else. I ended up getting a Recluse.

Now that I’ve examined the Recluse pocket holster, I’ve started to think a little bit about getting a dedicated pocket pistol for myself, and carrying one more often.

I own a few contenders already: .38 Spcl snubbies by Colt (2), S&W(2) and Charter Arms (1); a .380 Sig P230 w alloy frame; a couple of .32 acp Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless. All are in top condition, reliable and relatively accurate.

While I have on occasion, stuck one of the above handguns in a hip pocket or coat pocket, I almost always carry in a belt holster... and usually not one of the above, but a 1911.

So, with that background...

Please educate me. What pocket pistols do y’all carry (actually as pocket pistols) and why that make/model over others?

Thanks in advance.

·
We Are!
3,681 Posts
My most-carried pocket gun is a S&W 642 in a JW O’Rourke pocket holster. I can carry it in just about any front pocket, including on jeans. At times this one is a “solo” gun, but more often it’s carried as a back-up to a 1911 on the belt.

With just “the right” slash opening to a front pocket, I can pocket-carry a Glock 26. Shown here with a DeSantis Nemesis holster, I recently picked up a used Mitch Rosen pocket holster, too. Khakis, shorts, and other looser-fitting pants / shorts with a slash-style opening work for this, though the J-frame still conceals better even then. Jeans? No-go for me and the G26 haha.

When I carry the Glock, I still prefer a belt holster, but it’s nice to have another option.

Whenever at all possible, I’m carrying a full-size 1911 IWB and the J-frame in a pocket.

Gun Trigger Gun accessory Revolver Tan

Human Finger Pattern Nail Thumb

·
Banned
821 Posts
In my opinion, you've already got one of the nicest, the 1903 Colt. That being said, I really like the Seecamp 32 as well. Probably one of the smallest pocket pistols out there. I also like the Keltec p32, which is one of the lightest I've ever seen at 6.6 oz.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a few guns I pocket carry. I my work edc is a s&w 340pd. I carry it because its light weight and .357. I wear scrubs so light weight is a priority. I also carry a naa pug .22mag. I carry it as a back up usually or when around the house. I occasionally carry a colt mustang pocketlite.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.