1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have one of these pistols can I expect the same quality out of this 9mm offering as I have found in all of my .45 acp counterparts? Also anyone with other Full size 9mm options please chime in to tell me what yours is like, why you chose it, and how has it been for you. Also comparative price point, where to find one etc.... I have only ever had a FUll size 9mm in a Taurus twice years ago and it was not a good experience for me either time. I want one pretty bad, and I am okay with one that doesn't have a ton of features as long as the price point reflects that, but I['d prefer a ramped barrel and a series 70... Thanks in advance you guys are always a ton of help~!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
5,803 Posts
There's no better bank for the buck, a Wilson would cost twice as much. The only thing I don't like about the DW's are the adjustable rear site

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's no better bank for the buck, a Wilson would cost twice as much. The only thing I don't like about the DW's are the adjustable rear site
See I like that feature, I don't care for the target night sights. but I have similar rear sights on my SA Trophy Match and I love em.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a PM9 full size not to long ago, still breaking it in, but so far, after about 200 rds, that thing is one daddy rabbit. That is going to be my middle caliber bowling pin gun. It's a DW, you won't be disappointed for the money.
I have various .45 models, but was wondering if I could expect same slide to frame fit, same tool steel internals etc.. ?

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 4 9MM DW 2 PM 9 they all run awesome and are extremely accurate. There is no difference in quality. The Pm9 have about 30k though one 40k through other they get shot more then anything else I have. Are still very accurate and still tight.
Oh well you can't shoot 2 at once, sell me one of urs lol.. ;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
My first 1911 purchase was a Dan Wesson 45 and a PM-9 together. They got me hooked on the 1911 and especially 9mm in the platform. Put 7000 rounds through that PM-9 and should have kept it. It was just as tight and well built as the Wesson 45. A PM-9 will do everything you want in its price range.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Other Suggestions outside of the DW platform? And I am with cash and in the market if anyone has anything to sell.

·
Cogito ergo armatus sum
1,934 Posts
That's really the only thing I don't like about my DW A2. Easy fix though, just haven't gotten to it yet.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is it just me or does the Full size Vigil look like a valor with an aluminum frame and Guardian grips?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts