1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Polishing stainless 1911

8K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  mrmadd 
#1 ·
I know a lot of people prefer satin stainless ,Springfield has a nice bright stainless and the Dan Wesson Pointman has the same bright Finish. Are there any pros or cons about trying to polish stainless where it looks like Nickel or Chrome ant advise would be appreciated

#22 ·
yes, but I don’t believe you’ll find too many shops willing to do a high polished dlc because it doesn’t adhere as well to a high polished finish and may require several trips to the refinisher just to not come out spotty. 400gr is the most that my ionbond guy will do. From what I’ve seen, I think integrity arms goes a bit higher but not by much.

#26 ·
This old thread showedup on my feed somehow... I guess the algorithm has me figured out.

But a nice plus to buffed stainless is that you can do a quickie maintainance job on it with ScotchBrite and not have to disassemble your gun to remove whatever compound you just used,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.