In the news Political Corruption of U.S. Intelligence by a President: Genesis of the Russia-Trump Collusion Narr

Discussion in 'Political Outhouse' started by LYKUNO, Apr 11, 2019.

1. LYKUNO

LYKUNO Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Great article on OpsLens today by Rob Maness (Col. USAF Ret.). Here's are some excerpts (less the twitter passages which are too difficult to copy/paste here):

In Congressional testimony, United States Attorney General William Barr stated that he thought “spying was going on” against the 2016 Trump campaign. While a bombshell for some, this came as no surprise to many of us who’ve worked for decades in the Intelligence and Law Enforcement business. Just weeks ago, we were seeing headlines asking what President Obama knew and when did he know it about the Russia-Trump collusion narrative. However, that tired old conspiracy question is not the one we need to be asking. We already know Obama knew. Why did President Obama order the Russia National Intelligence Assessment? is the real question that must be asked and answered now that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt the Russia-Trump campaign collusion narrative was false after two years of rigorous, well-resourced examination. I and other national security professionals have been questioning the Russia Election Meddling NIE since its publication.

In my latest call for accountability, I once again beckoned the convening of a grand jury investigation into former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, CIA Director John Brennan, and fired FBI Director James Comey. We need to know why they publicly released the purely political NIE, supported by zero public evidence, misleading the American people that 17 agencies agreed unanimously when, in reality, only two (CIA and FBI) actually did with “High Confidence” and one (NSA) with only “Moderate Confidence,” according to the NIE ...

But why investigate the Obama administration starting with President Obama’s decision-making about the NIE? Because of what former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told CNN’s Anderson Cooper in a July 2018 interview:
    If it weren’t for President Obama, we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set off a whole sequence of events which are still unfolding today, notably, special counsel Mueller’s investigation.

{See the link at the start of this thread to see the entire article, including the relevant tweets, since there's a limit on total characters that can be inserted into a post here. I think you'll find it most interesting!}