1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon everyone,

As I'm sure a lot of you have seen I have the Early Springfield Professional Top half. I got a lot of interest on it early on but it's still kicking around my parts bin. So I decided to change it up a bit for the next couple of days. I will be selling the Springfield Upper fitted to an early Springfield Milspec lower.

Slide to frame fit is very tight and allows no wiggle but freely tracks back and forth. This is an interesting opportunity at a good price. If you purchase you will receive shipped to you:

-Springfield Professional complete Slide assembly
-Barrel bushing numbered to slide and barrel
-Nowlin Barrel fitted and numbered to slide
-Slide stop numbered to slide
-Springfield delta Hammer (not installed)
Springfield recoil Spring, Guide, and plug
(Above parts finished in black T except bushing)
-Complete Springfield mil spec frame, this is a pretty much factory frame except it has been cut for the wilson compound radius grip safeties and has had a videcki trigger installed. It is in fantastic shape and has not been fired much. For this complete "poor man's" Pro PRICE IS $1400 PLUS SHIPPING. Payment will be accepted through PayPal, Zelle or Venmo

All this would need is a grip safety, 20 LPI checkering, ambi safety, mainspring housing/magwell, and included hammer installed and you'd have a Pro in every way but the markings on the frame.
20200422_145853.jpg
20200422_145836.jpg
20200422_145817.jpg
20200422_145807.jpg
20200327_180312.jpg
20200327_180344.jpg
20200327_181050.jpg
20200327_180542.jpg
20200327_180437.jpg
20200327_180156.jpg

·
Registered
401 Posts
It may just be me but, frankly, there’s a lot of appeal to that gun “as-is.” It’s kinda MEUSOC-ish or something. I like it. GLWS!
yep, I was thinking the same thing. If I could build it I would but I don’t have the skills. If I could send it to a smith for an “armory” style build (ie no custom touches, with no frills and 100% function using all supplied parts) that is the ticket.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I literally just traded myself into a real Pro that I’ll be picking up from my FFL tomorrow. Otherwise, I likely would have.

Honestly, for anyone on the fence, it seems like a cool template to build a Pro “your”’way, without the loss in resale value of a real one.
Oof Yeah that's what I was planning on doing, but I've got the itch for other things right now so I figured I'd share the love

·
Crabby Old Gunsmith
1,274 Posts
Is this for sale? It's hard to tell. I don't see any dollar amount mentioned. Maybe I'm just distracted by the huge photos. I scrolled through twice and still didn't see a price. I'm probably blind though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is this for sale? It's hard to tell. I don't see any dollar amount mentioned. Maybe I'm just distracted by the huge photos. I scrolled through twice and still didn't see a price. I'm probably blind though.
See Rob comments on my post and get excited, see I'm being roasted, cries.

Yeah it's for sale, price is in last paragraph above pics I'll bold it or something so it stands out. I posted the pictures that way so people can see detail and dont have to click to enlarge, I'm gonna leave it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts