1911 Firearm Addicts banner
3481 - 3500 of 3575 Posts

·
born in the wrong century
8,632 Posts
Hey Dub, Let me know if that book is a good read. If so I’ll pick up a copy.
Roger that.

I have a pile of books awaiting me.
Reading is something I used to enjoy...always a great way to unwind and shift gears at the end of the day.

Now...not sure sure what is wrong with me. I've fallen off on my reading....other than a magazine or web surfing on my phone before going to sleep.

Will be getting back into it ASAP hopefully.

I’m about 1/3 through it- so far, so good!

Excellent.

Reactions: KS95B40

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,175 Posts
Just got these in about an hour ago, three 90rnd P Mags for my HK SP5. Figured I'd get ahead of the game with all the turmoil going on.
I don't think anything significant will happen...but I've been wrong before.
Now you have me thinking I should get a couple. I just received the remaining parts for a 223 Wylde rifle build today.
Gadget Office equipment Audio equipment Computer hardware Electronic device

When I finish this build this coming week I'm doing an AR9 next. I'd like some drums for that.

·
Premium Member
67,244 Posts
After a year and two weeks, I finally received my Dead Air NOMAD-30 Suppressor. 134db for 223/5.56. Can't wait to get to the range next week. I put adapters on both of my ARs and can share this between them. Shown here mounted on my Savage 22" 223/5.56 side charging/rear charging upper.
Product Liquid Tableware Drinkware Book
Wood Cylinder Metal Pipe Plumbing

·
Premium Member
KGB Colt LW 9mm Commander
1,484 Posts
After a year and two weeks, I finally received my Dead Air NOMAD-30 Suppressor. -131db for 223/5.56. Can't wait to get to the range next week. I put adapters on both of my ARs and can share this between them. Shown here mounted on my Savage 22" 223/5.56 side charging/rear charging upper.
View attachment 1013304 View attachment 1013306
Love suppressors I only had to,wait 6 months almost to the day for my Q Trash Panda…300BO is awesome for suppressors…congrats on finally getting yours 👍🏻

·
Registered
305 Posts
Granted, it was via email and happened a few days ago, but I received a free Craft holster. I'd received the holster below a few months ago and liked it enough to take pics to post. However, I'd since bought one of their belts and it sucked. When I sent the 'your belt sucks' note, I balanced it with the message that I really liked the holster I'd bought and found it to be a great value, along with a pic. Long story short, the pic was entered in their monthly contest and I won a free holster. Essentially a refund of the one I bought, less shipping. Can't hate that.
Luggage and bags Product Revolver Bag Everyday carry

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Those targets always looked like Andy Griffith to me, his face and hair looks similar to Andy, at least to me it does. They should have made one like Barny and have him shooting his gun while trying to get it out of his holster.
Hair Vertebrate Mammal Collar Dress shirt
Military person Military uniform Peaked cap Cap Sleeve

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Been a great day! Got a set of Wilson 1911 grips in my mailbox. Got a call from my LGS telling me they had my SA-35 and while I was there picked up a SA Garrison 1911. 🤣🤣
Let us know what you think of the Garrison. Could be a steal for a base gun. For just a gun to keep as-is I think I like the Ronin features a little better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Let us know what you think of the Garrison. Could be a steal for a base gun. For just a gun to keep as-is I think I like the Ronin features a little better.
I will. First impression is it’s a well built factory gun. No play in barrel lockup and slide to frame fit is tight. Hope to get to the range by the end of the week, will post after shooting it.

·
Premium Member
A mere Padawan in the realm of 1911 Jedi
1,623 Posts
Those targets always looked like Andy Griffith to me, his face and hair looks similar to Andy, at least to me it does. They should have made one like Barny and have him shooting his gun while trying to get it out of his holster. View attachment 1014806 View attachment 1014807
Damnit, now I'll hear the AGS theme song whistling in my head everytime I look at that thing. 😖

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know this is total-nerd nostalgia stuff, but I got my roll of vintage "Bad Guy" targets and, since Its the very first target I remember ever shooting at back in the day, I decided to frame one to hang above my work bench in the spare bedroom.

View attachment 1014751

View attachment 1014753
Ha ha that's funny, just shot a row of these today. Working on my Jack Wilson head shots along with a little speed shooting on some bodies at 20 yds. Used my new to me ithaca 1911 an dw cbob.
Plant Hood Tree Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses". George Orwell
718 Posts
Received my El Paso Saddlery cross draw holster today. It's Government size but it works fine for my EDC '59 Commander.
Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Wood stain

ETA- I almost mounted the stag grips for the picture but laziness prevailed.

3481 - 3500 of 3575 Posts