Posting to Classifieds after having 20 posts

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by 72-C10, Dec 23, 2018.

1. 72-C10

72-C10 Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Does anyone know if there is anything else that needs to be done to be able to post to the Classified's after having 20 posts?

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 Screw it, I'm buying more 1911's

Oct 22, 2015
    It'd be nice if you had an avatar and became a supporting addict so we knew you planned on staying a while - however, to answer your question, no.

3. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Never bothered with an introduction, puts up 21 one line posts, all posted today, and now he wants he wants to sell stuff. Way to become part of the forum community. I'm tired of new people signing up just to try and move sh!t through the classifieds.

4. azguy1911

azguy1911 Screw it, I'm buying more 1911's

Oct 22, 2015
    ;)

5. Cousin Vinny

Cousin Vinny Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    This is a good group but there are some “stiff necks”. post what you want and stay within the
    Forum rules. Volunteer an introduction and you are good to go.
    Cousin vinny

UBOATDOC, wcanterbury and Stogies like this.
  6. 72-C10

72-C10 Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Well, I had been on here before, but lost my account info thus a new name. Sorry, I did not do an introduction first. I have been active in other 1911 forums and never seen someone "new" treated quite this way. Its a wonder people don't contribute more to forums.

bdickers and Stogies like this.
  7. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    We treat each other like family here. We like to see some esprit de corp and fellowship. Not a lot of other forums allow sales that I know of, but my knowledge is limited.

Courtship is a lost art! :grin:

Merry Christmas!

8. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Well ain't you just special. posted a ton to be able to post something for sale. Been a few others done that then they are gone. How many other gun forums have the amount of guns sold like here. Don't like the way you have been treated pack your ass somewhere else. I sure don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Don't take it personal, this forum been subject to two unnecessarily long and drama filled posts over the last two - three days and everyone's a little on edge rather than inhaling the spirit of Christmas we've been down rabbit holes that kind of dimmed the Xmas Tree...we are, however recovering, licking our wounds, regretting our responses, wish we had said otherwise, etc.
    Same as it ever was.

Merry Christmas and God Bless America!

10. Scaramouche

Sep 15, 2015
    Okay then!

wcanterbury likes this.
  11. Denver1911

Denver1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    If I treated anybody in my family with the disrespect I see here over such little issues .. I’d probably be looking for a new family. They wouldn’t stand for some of what I see here.

Stogies likes this.
  12. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    You are too nice. Lololol

boatdoc, WC145 and Scaramouche like this.
  13. 72-C10

72-C10 Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Most of the real world (meaning in person and not over a computer) shooting community is very welcome and accepting and get to know people before rushing to judgment. All of the Bullseye, HighPower, Vintage, Rimfire, Skeet/Trap matches I have shot in we have been welcome to anyone that showed up even for watching. So sad how people have become nowadays.

boatdoc and wcanterbury like this.
  14. Scaramouche

Sep 15, 2015
    you're probably right, but I'm on a crusade to be a better, gentler, kinder, more welcoming person in 2019

WC145, LPRoad, UBOATDOC and 4 others like this.
  15. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    I hold a shoot every year for the member s here. Have given tons of stuff away free as have many other members here. You come in and being new and not known are a risk to our community. As I said before you are more than welcome to leave and sell your goods elsewhere.

16. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    That's true, but would you welcome those people if they showed up for one match, didn't join the club, and used your parking lot to starting selling stuff out of their trunk? That behavior wouldn't be welcome at the clubs I shoot at. Signing on here, throwing up just enough one line posts to reach the required number, and then wanting to start selling things is the "cyber" equivalent of that real world behavior. This is a very welcoming forum community when new members want to become an active part of it, not just use it another place to sell guns. There are plenty of sales specific sites for that.

FWoo45, boatdoc, UBOATDOC and 3 others like this.
  17. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    You are a better man than me.

boatdoc, limbkiller and Scaramouche like this.
  18. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I like turtles.....................

BenchMonkey, LPRoad, UBOATDOC and 5 others like this.
  19. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2011
    I'm just here for the wimmen!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted