1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking of loading up some 45acp 230 ball FMJ with BE-86
Alliant has 7.1 as max so with dropping back the 10% and working up from there.
Has any fellow addicts had success with BE-86 in 45acp? Suggestions?
I started some ladder loads yesterday. (Win Brass, Win LPP, Everglades 230 Ball FMJ started with 6.4 BE-86)

I know there are better powders, my go to is 231, just looking to finish up a partial canister of BE-86

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
BE-86 Is my favorite powder for full power 9MM and 45ACP loads. I do not load 230 gr. FMJ but have loaded a bunch of 230 LRN, regular lubed and coated.
I use 6.0 grs of BE-86 with either CCI or WW primers in mixed brass. It is a accurate, easy shooting load. I do not know the speed as I shot my chrono a few years ago and have not replaced it.:bang:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BE-86 Is my favorite powder for full power 9MM and 45ACP loads. I do not load 230 gr. FMJ but have loaded a bunch of 230 LRN, regular lubed and coated.
I use 6.0 grs of BE-86 with either CCI or WW primers in mixed brass. It is a accurate, easy shooting load. I do not know the speed as I shot my chrono a few years ago and have not replaced it.:bang:
Thank you, I will check we’re your recipe falls on book/load-data and correlate

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Alliant shows 6.2 grs for 929 fps with a Speer 230 gr LRN.
Speer shows the same bullet with a starting load of 5.8 @ 850 fps and a max of 7.2 @ 986 fps.
6.0 should give you around 870 fps which is a good practice, target load.

https://www.speer-ammo.com/reloading/handgun
Thank you for the reference, going to load up a few more groups for shooting next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts