Pre travel

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by nomad, Oct 23, 2011.

1. nomad

nomad Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I installed a c&s ignition set in one of my colt gov. models along with a videcki trigger. The trigger is to long not enough pre travel. Is there another brand that is known to have a shorter bow, or are they all hit and miss? If so how do you get the right amount of travel.

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Since I'm a flat trigger guy, I mainly use Wilson Combat flat trigger. They have both the pre-travel tabs and post-travel screw. All set.

3. grainfed

grainfed Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I must concur. I tried and tried to get a 10-8 flat to go in the Mil-Spec. PM'd Quack till I was out of typing skills. I had no desire to try to get more pre-travel by filing down the disc or the sear feet on my EGW ignition kit so I bought a Wilson flat and after measuring found the answer. The Wilson had a shorter distance front to back and after installing, my pre-travel was perfect. If my measurements were correct, the .040 that I needed was the difference and the overtravel screw was set from Wilson so I put some loctite on it and was good to go.............

tw

4. 230gr

230gr Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    as far as ive read long trigger bows are real bad these days and lest I repeat internet bantering, Videcki is the worst and some triggers are rebranded Videcki or made by Videcki, something like that. The last Wilson I used, both a match and a flat trigger, both measured to spec from the Kuhnhausen manuals.

5. nomad

nomad Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Thanks guys I ordered a wilson today.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted