Pretty sure I'm a Addict

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by LateLearnerCT, Sep 25, 2020.

1. DRD

DRD Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 8, 2018
    @Dwe nailed it for me, except the divorce court part (luckily my wife could care less about what I spend on guns).

This man's a sage!

Almost forgot .. Welcome from East Texas!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Mike A, isialk, OldCuz and 1 other person like this.
  2. LateLearnerCT

LateLearnerCT Member

Sep 18, 2020
    Glad to be here. Watching the classifieds and lurking here for a few weeks is what started the fire in me!

While I knew most of the commonly known names in the handgun business, it was on the forums that I learned of Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Cabot and Alchemy. Been drooling ever since. The money I banked when I sold my Corvette is going to take a serious hit!

Got to just keep reading, listening and learning. Dry fire practice with the ManitisX on the GLock34 and VP9L should help to keep training costs down a little until ammo prices return to normal (i have a little over 1500 rounds of 9mm but need to hunt for .45 now).

I have a feeling I'll be scouring the classifieds all Fall and Winter!

Mike A, isialk, OldCuz and 2 others like this.

3. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Welcome to the forum, way to jump in the deep end! I agree with the others, if the Wilson is a deal buy it while you can. That said, 10mms are pretty damn cool, I've been shooting 1911s for 50 years but only just got my first 10mm this spring and it makes me wonder why I waited so long. It's a Wilson modded Colt Delta Elite.

I am kind of disappointed that you sold your Vette, tell us more about it.

[​IMG]

tac45, Mike A, isialk and 6 others like this.
  4. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Enablers, we are. Welcome to the show. Go slow, study each purchase, yeah right who am I trying to kid. Enjoy the ride

DRD, Mike A, isialk and 2 others like this.
  5. LateLearnerCT

LateLearnerCT Member

Sep 18, 2020
    After watching videos of 10mm hunting ammo cut through ballistic gel I'm pretty sure there is a 10mm in my future!

Had a 2011 GS that I got for a steal - late fall/early winter is the time to throw a low ball offer at a dealer when he knows it is going to sit there for 6 months before he can sell it!

Took it to a bunch of road course track days. While I enjoyed it on the road, I was blown away on the track. Buddy of mine picked up a used Shelby GT350 for a lot more $$$ and was livid because he couldn't shake me anywhere on the track! All I did to it was upgrade the brake fluid and Carbotech XP10/8 pads. Hit 155 on the straight and could brake later than everybody but dedicated track cars.

Realized I just didn't drive it enough to warrant the investment and it was either keep it and seriously modify the engine or cut bait. As I'm getting older, my reaction time isn't as razor sharp as it once was and I thought building a track car would be pretty frustrating if my skills started to drop off.

Also developing a astigmatism in one eye which is tricky to correct. Fiddling with glasses and contacts but pretty much waiting for it to max out so I can get lasik surgery to fix it.

Had the Vette for 3 years and sold it for $5k less than I paid for it. I still enjoy my cars but spend more time looking for curvy back roads to carve up than race tracks. I'm a golf fanatic too so that takes up a lot of my free time

Mike A, isialk and cherokee2u like this.
  6. cherokee2u

cherokee2u Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Welcome from North Carolina
    IMG_0257.jpg
    Wilson CQB 9mm Commander

Limited 10, tac45, jcc7x7 and 7 others like this.
  7. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Welcome again from Illinois! We’re glad to have you here with us. I really like my TRP in 45. It’s not an operator but it shoots really nice. I don’t know how much of difference the operator would make. Since I’ve got a TRP I’d grab the Wilson. I always wring my hands raw before buying guns. I actually tick my wife off because I overthink these things. If you’re skittish about spending too much, I fear your in a tenuous position here. @Dwe is exactly right! It’s like falling into an old strip mine pond. The water, the clay, and the classifieds are going to make it nearly impossible to claw your way out.
    IMG_0461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JM44, tac45, jcc7x7 and 3 others like this.
  8. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Welcome to the fold!!! Bust out the wallet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JM44, LateLearnerCT and 1911 crazed like this.
  9. Limited 10

Limited 10 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2020
    “Can’t believe I am buying 3 guns in one week”. I made the same statement on this very forum. This is one of them. BCE7CA70-1A10-4BAD-81BA-CED6B6D6F60A.jpeg

JM44, LateLearnerCT, tac45 and 2 others like this.
  10. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    :oops::o.o:;):bang::bang::bang:
    Dang it that’s a fine firearm.
    You sir have great taste!

11. Limited 10

Limited 10 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2020
    You would know.

12. LateLearnerCT

LateLearnerCT Member

Sep 18, 2020
    Well, picked up the Wilson Wednesday to complete my trifecta. It’s official. I belong here. E5FE9AA2-81FC-4CF9-86E5-CB1A6225757C.jpeg 9F3BC1D7-A137-4EC6-B76B-EB668053E493.jpeg 34393424-3982-415C-974E-87004A26071E.jpeg

JM44, Mike A and 1911 crazed like this.
  13. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Its all so overwhelming here. I've been coming to this forum a little while and still can't decide what my first 1911 handgun purchase is going to be.
    So many choices.........

14. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    @ Collector....Don't you mean your first 1911 purchase this month?;)

15. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 22, 2017
    Might be behind the curve and as a Springfield user, buy the Wilson. Not as abundant at great prices

16. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    Welcome from the CT Shoreline!

7F97AF8C-D271-46F7-9B83-1A665AD3730B.jpeg

The first rule of addicts is that whenever someone asks which 1911 they should choose, the answer is always BOTH!

17. FrankG

FrankG Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 24, 2018
    Welcome from South Dakota!! It is an addiction, no doubt. BUT you’ll have a good support system from a bunch of fine individuals (or enablers however you look at it)

7335F39B-5060-4E92-AFBB-768A00293E7C.jpeg 2F6FC661-9D41-4AB7-8346-5CB0AC71C2E9.jpeg

LateLearnerCT and 1911 crazed like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted