PRICE DROP Colt Python 4” Nickel .357 Excellent condition (98-99%) $3200 ConUS

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by gofish, Dec 13, 2018.

1. gofish

gofish Active Member

Jul 18, 2018
    PRICE DROP Colt Python 4” Nickel .357 Excellent condition (98-99%)

$3200 shipped ConUS

This gun is in magnificent condition for a “shooter”; nickel is still mirror-like, and unblemished, but it has been fired. The bore is "Like NIB"; cylinder lockup is excellent and a sweet trigger. There is a very light turn ring that I couldn’t capture with the camera. Aside from the turn ring and carbon markings, there are no finish blemishes anywhere on this gun. I don’t know if the carbon rings will come off; I haven’t tried to clean them. Hogue rosewood grips w/ finger grooves inset gold-colored Colt emblems… excellent condition and pretty, too. No box or papers.

I've been corrected: the serial number (V57352) makes this a 1980 production. See PWS's post (#6) below.

There are no streaks or blemishes in the finish. "Imperfections" are reflections of the ceiling, which are especially apparent in the first two photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have one more picture of the other side of the barrel (like the "pose" of the picture above) but the post limitation restricts me to 10 images. Please PM me for it if you desire. Thank you. (The other side of the barrel looks as good as this side does.)

$3200 shipped ConUS only by US Registered Mail (Insured). USPS Money Order, personal check, or certified check only. No PayPal. (All funds must clear before shipping. )

I will email the buyer when payment is received along with my FFL holder’s certificate, and I’ll email again when the funds have cleared. (I’m not the FFL holder.) I will email copies of the USPS Registered Mail receipt and the postage receipt on the day I ship. I'm ‘gbnoel39475' on EBay and ‘b47natto’ on Gunbroker for references.

Please PM me for my email and payment address.

Dan, joerockhead, 1L26 and 1 other person like this.
  2. DSTallguy

DSTallguy Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 13, 2017
    Very nice!

gofish likes this.

3. gofish

gofish Active Member

Jul 18, 2018
    TT dunno what it is; maybe the season. I've had two pledges on this but no one's sent a payment, so it's still up for sale. Is it the forum membership? My other blue Python was falsed three times! I really don't wanna go GunBroker. C'mon guys, render me some reasonable offers on these!

Thanks!

4. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    gofish, sorry to hear about the welchers, but you really ought to name the guys who're unable to keep their word and follow through on a deal. Most of us are very serious about our word and would like to know who to look out for. Wish I had the liquidity to buy it outright, you've got some wonderful guns up for sale.

bobo3020, Kadonny, 10mm Guy and 2 others like this.
  5. gofish

gofish Active Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Ah, I attributed the falses to the holiday season "spend" mentality. I'm new here; dunno how "unforgiving" this forum is and what tact to take, so I'll let them pass.

I welched once. You can read about it in my Gunbroker feedback... I was called away from home 2hr after I locked up the winning bid on a a guy's gun. I was in transit to leave the country at 0630 next morning; didn't have time to get the FFL cert worked up nor make it to the bank. My wife tried to do it for me but it wasn't allowed because the FFL wouldn't issue "in my name" (strawman, obviously). My wife sent a check to cover his fees, but the seller marked my feedback with a negatory because of the experience.

It happens; sometimes there's just no getting around it; other times guys commit in order to hold dibs before they check their resources. It's just part of dealing on the internet without any personal contact. Mebbe I'm too easy...

Kadonny likes this.
  6. Kadonny

Kadonny Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I always wanted one of these, but I’m in a sell mode not a buy mode. Good luck, you’ll find a buyer for this beauty.

7. LHA4Assault

LHA4Assault Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted