Prices and availability will continue to rise/fall respectively until the election

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by MajMike, Jun 26, 2020.

1. MajMike

MajMike Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I think we all need to think hard about what we need to do firearm-wise asap, as prices are going to rise dramatically (imho) and availability fall as the election gets nearer. And God forbid the Dems win these issues will only accelerate exponentially.

I am rethinking what I really need/want, deciding to maybe sell some of my collectibles and finish buying the modern stuff for my families future needs. Investing in lead too, though I am better off there.

Please take this seriously gents (and ladies). If the Dems win we will see an assault on the 2A like never before, just look at the craziness happening right now.

God bless and keep each of you. Mike

Roehl, KS95B40, razorbacker and 15 others like this.
  2. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    One things for sure, the virus has disrupted reloading supplies, the riots have vacuumed up reloading and a good bit of ammo. Pistols are hot items, cheap ARs as well.

3. SW1911302

SW1911302 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Just got back from my LGS and you could only buy 1 box of pistol ammo if you bought a gun and there were very few guns left.

KS95B40 and Colorado Sonny like this.
  4. pcar157

pcar157 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Just remember folks that Biden announced if we wins the presidency he will but Beto O'Rourke in charge of gun control issues and you know what that means. Just look back on O'Rourke's comments during his run for the nomination.
    To me if we continue on this path another civil war seems inevitable but hope I am wrong.

Harleyvato, simonp and switchback like this.
  5. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Rough water ahead. I'm in good shape but can always use more bullet to load.
    Ya'll be safe and stay vigilant

simonp likes this.
  6. jacobconroy75

jacobconroy75 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Ammo. Need ammo. I naively thought that I could buy 9mm at $170 per 1000 forever. Now it's $250 per grand. For reloads.

Dammit. Time to start reloading, but I doubt it will be much cheaper.

NewWaveGuy01 likes this.
  7. swampgas

swampgas Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 10, 2019
    I've built 3 new rifles and will start on the 4th next week. Have plenty of most everything else, need some cases of spam, mustard, ketchup. LOL and saltines. Would like some more 22 mag and standard velocity 22LR but don't need it.

KS95B40 likes this.
  8. Brennerman

Brennerman Active Member

May 12, 2020
    If it helps, I can reload some 115 grain fmj range ammo for $190 per 1k with mixed brass, and $250 per 1k for hollow point ammo with same headstamp brass.

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bul...ollow-point-mini-multi-purpose-round-bullets/

https://iabrass.com/collections/processed-pistol-brass/products/9mm-luger-processed

I just started reloading at the beginning of the Kung flu, and I am thankful i did for my AG wants to try to make us like California with ammo background checks.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  9. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Guns without ammo are clubs .

NewWaveGuy01, Roehl, KS95B40 and 2 others like this.
  10. jdogg2000

jdogg2000 New Member

Jun 9, 2020
    I havent reloaded for the past few years but I've decided to break out my old press. In honor of that, I just bought 25 more lbs of powder and 25k more primers :D

11. djc

djc Active Member

Jul 1, 2013
    He already forgot who Beto is.

12. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    Mags. They'll be the first to get targeted. Buy cheap, stack deep and roll your eyes at those who don't.

KS95B40, soverystout and ILED93 like this.
  13. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    That's why I carry a Government Model and a knife. A club and a blade that won't run out of ammo.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  14. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Ammo, lead, brass, and primers.

dstallguy likes this.
  15. jacobconroy75

jacobconroy75 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Thanks for letting me know what reloading is costing in this climate. I'll need to start collecting reloading gear.

And, reloading might be more accurate as well as force me to slow down a bit.

Brennerman likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted