Problem with a Springfield.

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Tarpon Hunter, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Tarpon Hunter

Tarpon Hunter Well-Known Member

May 29, 2018
    I have a RO Elite Champion that I've put at least 2000 rounds through. It shoots really well and was going to use it for EDC. Then recently the safety sporadicly wouldn't disengage the trigger when it was in the off position. I sent it back and they turned it around fast enough. It has an ambi safety to begin with, which are big. Today it came back with the original large safety on the left but a very small one on the right. WTH???

Maybe it I wouldn't mind but I'm left handed and it tears the hell out of my thumb. I sent it right back. I'm not thrilled to say the least.

spr.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Why the heck would they put two different safeties on one gun? I’m on a learners permit here, but is there a reason why they would think someone would want that configuration? If so maybe they just mistakenly put it on the wrong gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Crimson Trace laser grips. The emitter on the right side grip panel was interfering with the right side safety paddle.

4. Tarpon Hunter

Tarpon Hunter Well-Known Member

May 29, 2018
    I thought that at first, too, but it wasn't. This was an intermittent, not a constant problem plus the emitter has an indentation built into that spot. Maybe they did replace it with the smaller one for that reason but I want the original back. I'll carve out the plastic on the top of the grip if necessary.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted