1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any user comments on the proears gold electronic headset? on sale now for $210. seems like a good deal. any other recommendations? thx

·
Registered
660 Posts
No experience with the proears, but I own a pair of MSA Sordins (supreme pro-x) with gel ear muffs and couldn't be happier. They're a tad more than the $210 but I am extremely happy with them. I taken them to classes where it's poured rain all day, have been banged against cars, ground, dirt, rocks etc. and they're still good to go.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I have both the MSA and the Proears, I use the MSA's and loan out the Proears. Just got a set of the 3M Peltor 500 today and they seem nice (have not been to range yet with them), I like the bluetooth feature but they are not as comfortable as the MSA gel pads in my initial 5 minute try on test.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have Pro Ears Ultra passives that are very quiet.
I made the mistake of pinching pennies on a HL electronic to replace my defunct Peltor, should have sprung for the Pro Ears Gold.

·
In the staging lanes
2,244 Posts
Reactions: rod442

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
I love thew proears except for 2 flaws.

1. they are bulky to pack in my range bag

2. they do not fold--so packing them in a backpack vs my roomy range bag is an issue

so I ordered a pair of msa sordin supreme pro x premium edition with gel cups included.( was able to get them for about 50-80 dollars off listed prices I have seen recently).I plan to us e the smaller Sordins when using my casecruizer 4 gun and my back packs also when shooting a rifle for a better cheek weld

when time permits, I will post the pros and cons of each after a lengthy trial of each

Reactions: SparkyAZ
1 - 10 of 10 Posts