proears gold NR 30

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by dentlfly, May 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dentlfly

dentlfly New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    any user comments on the proears gold electronic headset? on sale now for $210. seems like a good deal. any other recommendations? thx

boatdoc likes this.
  2. eboggs

eboggs Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2016
    No experience with the proears, but I own a pair of MSA Sordins (supreme pro-x) with gel ear muffs and couldn't be happier. They're a tad more than the $210 but I am extremely happy with them. I taken them to classes where it's poured rain all day, have been banged against cars, ground, dirt, rocks etc. and they're still good to go.

3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 18, 2016
    I have both the MSA and the Proears, I use the MSA's and loan out the Proears. Just got a set of the 3M Peltor 500 today and they seem nice (have not been to range yet with them), I like the bluetooth feature but they are not as comfortable as the MSA gel pads in my initial 5 minute try on test.

4. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    No opinion on these, I use plugs.

5. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
  6. littlegoat

littlegoat Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Love my pro ears, only issue is they can bump rifles as they stick out a bit

7. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    I have Pro Ears Ultra passives that are very quiet.
    I made the mistake of pinching pennies on a HL electronic to replace my defunct Peltor, should have sprung for the Pro Ears Gold.

8. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    rod442 likes this.
  9. tightloops

tightloops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
  10. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I love thew proears except for 2 flaws.

1. they are bulky to pack in my range bag

2. they do not fold--so packing them in a backpack vs my roomy range bag is an issue

so I ordered a pair of msa sordin supreme pro x premium edition with gel cups included.( was able to get them for about 50-80 dollars off listed prices I have seen recently).I plan to us e the smaller Sordins when using my casecruizer 4 gun and my back packs also when shooting a rifle for a better cheek weld

when time permits, I will post the pros and cons of each after a lengthy trial of each

sparky.0 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted