1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Tinker
4,478 Posts
Cool! Nice PSA (public service announcement). :)

Now if it was a 80% frame I could buy it without having to register it as a firearm.

·
The Tinker
4,478 Posts
If that were an 80% frame, I'd be all over it! At $100 I'd be cautious about building on it, but it would make a great practice piece.
As an 80% frame, I'd get to machine the rails and accurately locate the hammer and sear pin holes. Unless the frame is just too soft, I might use it for a range toy. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got my frames yesterday. Exacty the same frame they sold a few years back.. machining is the same down to even marking the carbon steel frame with a C in the mainspring housing area.

Same Dasan forged frame very well done. Excellent frame for $99.. i built two pistol a few years back with them..my EIC 45 and my nephews 45 wad gun for bullseye.. only issue with the old ones was the 250 radius was over done. Easily solved by using a 220 grip safety. Haven't had a chance to check the new ones just yet

·
Registered
149 Posts
How do you determine what the radius is on the grip safety?

I bought two frames, received one and the other is in processing still. But I was trying an Ed Brown GS and noticed it wasn't fitting too well.

The frames look real nice in my opinion. They chamfered the plunger tube holes, countersunk the ejector, hammer and sear pin holes. Dimensions look good so far. For $99 it's a bargain!

·
Registered
118 Posts
the problem with the first series of the PSA frames was that the cut was closer to .235-.240 than .250. you could take pretty much any 250 grip safety and install it, as is, on the frame and you'd have a rather large gap..

·
Registered
118 Posts
frame and safety.. see if you can fit yours using any old thumb safety.. BTW it's Very rare that any grip safety fits perfectly..you almost always have to fit the top and underneath... lot's of write-ups out there on how to do it

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got a chance to try some 250 safeties..
Closest to a good fit was a Brown followed by a Remington. STI is a bad fit and would leave gaps underneath..
The 240 EGW appears to be workable. Cut was maybe .260 so meat to work with..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.