1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 4 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
You don't really "have" to replace anything. I replaced the thumb safety on mine as I prefer a longer one and I also swapped out the disconnector, hammer, and sear with a retro set from Harrison Custom. That really gave the gun a nice clean trigger pull. Here is a more detailed list of everything I did or had done. My second Springfield is exactly the same except it still has the stock barrel and bushing. They both wear VZ grips now instead of Wood Caliber.

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Personally I’d just swap in a beaver tail if you’re able to. My milspec used to give me a little slide/ hammer bite. It wasn’t bad I’d just have a little blood dot after shooting a bunch. I had a staccato that was actually painful to shoot. The milspec didn’t actually hurt I would just notice it after. I know some people prefer wider or longer thumbsafteys but I think the milspecs is very easy to use and quick to action.
Was it the thumb safety that got you on the Staccato?

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
It was just the stock one. I know they can be rough for certain hands / grips. I don’t have the gun anymore though. I traded it to another addict for a great rifle.
The issue I have seen with them is that the rear of the thumb safety wasn't beveled. Apparently, they are beveled now and Staccato will do the bevel if someone has an older gun. Both of mine are non-beveled. I haven't had an issue so far, though.

1 - 4 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.