close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Putting in slide stop.

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by MY-1911, Sep 5, 2011.

1. MY-1911

MY-1911 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Well i'm not getting any where on Beginners corner so i'll try here. The only respone was show a picture. Which i can't do. And would
    not help you guy's either. I just got a DWCCO. Took it apart to clean it before shooting. Could not get to seat flat to the frame. My friend messed
    with it and got it right. We went shooting and were both impressed with how accurate this gun is,a keeper for sure. Well i go home and clean the gun.
    After getting the holes lined up and go to put the slide stop pen in and snap it down the slide stop is not flat flush with the frame. You can rack the slide and fire
    it, so it seems ok. But i don't want to shoot it till it's seated in better. No matter how i hold the gun or how many times i try,it's the same thing. The pen goes in
    and i snap it down but it doesn't lay flat on the frame. What am i doing wrong?:frusty:

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    was it flat with the frame when you got it from the factory?
    how far is it sticking out?
    is the plunger pin fully engaging the slide stop, or are you not even getting that far?

3. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Take a picture and post it to show the gap.

My DW CCO goes in like butter.

4. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    and you are lining it up to the 1/2 moon cut out, right?

here's a photo of my DW Guardian's slide stop, how far is your from the frame?

[​IMG]

5. MY-1911

MY-1911 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Well all i can say is i'll keep trying and see if i can get it to seat better. by your picture your slide stop looks
    flat on the frame. Pic's are not an option now. so i guess there's nothing more to say untill i can show pic's.
    I just thought there might be a trick to it like wiggle the slide or something. But the damn thing should just go in.
    Thanks anyway.

6. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    did you line it up with the half moon mark?

7. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Sometimes mine is very difficult to get in because mine was flush cut and "rounded." Make sure the SS is going through the barrel lug and lining up correctly. I also sometimes have to get mine started while the slide is in battery. I slide it in, and then take it to the "half moon" and push it in.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted