1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm eager to jump into another build after the success I had with my first 80% 1911. I know what I want to build already and have ordered some parts for it since there are some Black Friday deals going on. So far I've got an Ed Brown RMR slide and an EB parts kit on the way. Looking at my choices of frames I'm curious to know of opinions on the quality, fit and finish of my choices. I want a recon frame, non ramped, 45 in SS.

Nighthawk has a BF deal going on, $328 shipped for a non checkered frame
Fusion has a recon frame but with a chainlink front strap for slightly more at $359
Foster for $319 that includes a SS ejector and plunger tube

Now from what I've read, Nighthawk seems to be very nice quality, real tight dimensions
Fusion, good quality, haven't seen a lot of info
Foster, it's a blem but supposedly decent quality

I'm thinking the Nighthawk frame would be the best bang for the buck, but I'm wondering how hard it will be to work with.

Any opinions from you guys that are knowledgeable?

TIA

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
I would lean towards NH but would consider spending the few extra $$s and get the checkered frame.

Reactions: JET55

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm leaning that way also, and with the checkered frame. Do you think I would have an issue with the EB parts on this frame? I'm sure there will be some fitting, I understand the NH frames have pretty tight dimensions.

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
You always have to figure on some fitting regardless. I buy JEM frames and use mostly EB parts. With the exception I try to use JEM MsH & grip safety. Those 3 parts coming from the same place usually are quite compatible when I receive them.

Reactions: ZoidMeister and ACP

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
Done, Nighthawk frame on the way. Not sure why I was charged shipping though, the banner on the top of the page says free shipping on orders over $99
call them

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,462 Posts
I'm leaning that way also, and with the checkered frame. Do you think I would have an issue with the EB parts on this frame? I'm sure there will be some fitting, I understand the NH frames have pretty tight dimensions.
Use a NH grip safety, and you can't use a EGW Jem grip safety on a NH frame.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Use a NH grip safety, and you can't use a EGW Jem grip safety on a NH frame.
How about an Ed Brown GS, is that kosher? Or am I looking at headaches? I ordered a complete set of build parts from Ed Brown including the GS. Both the EB GS and the NH frame use the .250 radius

I've built a complete AR just because I had an "extra" barrel, trigger or forend sitting around. I know how these things work...lol

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,462 Posts
How about an Ed Brown GS, is that kosher? Or am I looking at headaches? I ordered a complete set of build parts from Ed Brown including the GS. Both the EB GS and the NH frame use the .250 radius

I've built a complete AR just because I had an "extra" barrel, trigger or forend sitting around. I know how these things work...lol
Should be okay, I just know the ones from night hawk fit very very well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually purchased both the EB and NH grip safeties to compare the two. The EB has lots of tooling marks on it, the NH is very smooth and just looks better imo. Once I get the frame I'll see how it will fit but I expect it will fit fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.