1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a recommended number of rounds for a break in? Ammo is precious right now. I have what the media might call an extraordinary amount, yet that is not inexhaustible. Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I brought our EB Kobra Carry to the range on Sunday for her maiden voyage and she ran flawlessly. Per the owner’s manual I added some EB Firearm Lubricant #960 to the rails, barrel tip, and barrel hood 3-4 times while firing 125 rounds. Zero hiccups.

I must say that taking down the pistol for cleaning after the range trip was one of the smoothest field stripping exercises, especially compared to our Les Baers, which shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Overall, I’m extremely impressed with this EB firearm and a very proud owner.

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
I have found my new EBs to run well right away like most everyone else here......

Brings the question to mind.. "Why was there a couple of threads a couple weeks ago about No Love For Ed Browns?"

:unsure:

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,228 Posts
Brown's are great, maybe under-represented on the forum but run them wet at first and you'll be fine. I'd never sell by KC

·
Registered
44 Posts
Foregoing the need to break-in an EB, let's not call them break-in rounds but reliability-testing rounds. I would want to run at least 100 rounds thru the gun to ensure that it functions, without issues, with the ammo that I am using. More rounds is even better.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Like Mercury said, shoot 100 rounds, do your drills with them. Run the gun through it's paces. You'll know in a couple of magazines if you have issues. My Ed Brown SF was good to go right out of the carry bag it came with. Lube, shoot, clean and repeat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Why was there a couple of threads a couple weeks ago about No Love For Ed Browns?"
I got one of their lemons. Poor reliability from the start. Sent it back, for a $99 fee, and they still didn't fix the problem. After more reliability frustration, I sent it off to my 'go to' gunsmith house and they found the build error. I should be getting it back in a few weeks. Very accurate pistol, but a costly repair bill from the 'go to' gunsmith house.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts