Question for Nighthawk Guys?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by BCD 45, May 14, 2019.

1. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    I'm debating buying a new Nighthawk pistol, a Global Response Pistol in 9mm and it is a Commander size pistol. It has no markings on either side of the slide except the NH emblem on both sides at the rear of the slide.

My main question is the complete top of the slide is stippled same color of the gun, blue/black.
    The dealer calls this stippling " Chainmail Stippling". He says it's all factory but I've never seen another NH like it and nowhere on their website do I see "Chain mail Stippling" offered as an option.

I sure would appreciate it if someone could help me with this question. Thanks,

Jim D

2. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    More knowledgeable guys than I will be along shortly, but you might have luck posting this question in the Nighthawk sub-forum. I think there might be a Nighthawk employee who answers question there?
    Best,
    C

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    What is the question?

The Marvel model was the 1st Nighthawk model I know of to have the stippling. Its a current model they build. Look at their website for the “Bob Marvel Custom”. This chainmail stippling is a rather common treatment they do and a custom option. I would suspect this was a special order that was built and you dealer somehow got ahold of it.

boatdoc likes this.
  4. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    if you like it uy it. if not order exactly what you want from a dealer

5. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    A PM to the NHC rep with the serial number will get all the info you want

6. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    BOATDOC.

I like it but I was trying to confirm that this was something done by NH and not something after market that was done. I guess in my post I didn't clarify to you and bender just it was that I wanted to know. As I said many times in the past couple months, I just got my 1st 1911 this year so they are new to me and I'm still on a learning curve.

Jim D

7. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Stogies, thank you, that's very kind of you.

Jim D

Stogies likes this.
  8. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    From what you described, the stippling isn't the only custom touch on the gun.
    Naked slide is also an upgrade

9. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    If you have the serial number Give it to @NighthawkRep he should be able to give you the build info.

10. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    Gosh, why didn't I think of that!:cigar:

11. NighthawkRep

NighthawkRep Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Shoot me a PM with the serial number and I’ll see what info I can dig up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    Doesn't get any better than that

WWB likes this.
  13. Bender

Aug 15, 2011

GRP is also usually a government model with FCS

14. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    OP

Can you get a pic of the Nighthawk?
    You can message NighthawkRep or call Bob at Nighthawk with the serial number
    Also, ask your dealer if it is a new pistol.

15. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Plus, if it’s a black nitride finish, the chainlink was done prior to the finishing.
    Like others above stated, a gun with these options I’d believe this to be an ordered gun.

Stogies likes this.
  16. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    I know that certain smiths there have their own style/approach to stippling. I have owned and seen multiple examples from Bryan Chaney where the stippling is referred to as chain mail.

17. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    I have a GRP Commander.
    It’s stippled but not on top.

18. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    To the OP----call NHC HOWEVER, all of my builds they do have different options such as my 10mm Marvel has no marking and only some of the other cosmetic treatments. When you build one they will add or leave off what you desire. I am one who prefers the clean classic look and frequently build with out some of the "standard options" seen on some of the models they build.

19. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    I didn't say they didn't exist.

Just adding to the fact that the pistol the OP is asking about is a custom spec order

Busa Dave likes this.
  20. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    I hope these pics work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Buck Buck, Stogies and Glock2740 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted