1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may be a silly question but I've never run across the answer. Where are they aiming for the factory test target?

For Wilson and Nighthawk do they aim for the center or the white notch?

For Guncrafter do the aim for the center since there's no white notch??

Enquiring minds want to know...

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,716 Posts
One would think on the test targets that appear to be sights that they effort to line those up with the existing sights on the gun, while many factory guns come out with a tactical sight set up of 6 O'Clock, I believe most with test targets make more of an effort for the gun to shoot POA=POI.. Would be my best guess.

·
Registered
58 Posts
From Wilson's website:
"Every Wilson Combat handgun ships with a test target shot by a professional shooter that establishes the correct windage and elevation (Point of Impact) for every gun we build. Most handguns are set up to shoot approximately 1″ high at 15 yards. This ensures that most shooters have an effective point of impact with a dead on hold (Point of Aim) out to 50 yards with service ammunition."
Essentially, the post is placed in the notch and should impact 1" high.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From Wilson's website:
"Every Wilson Combat handgun ships with a test target shot by a professional shooter that establishes the correct windage and elevation (Point of Impact) for every gun we build. Most handguns are set up to shoot approximately 1″ high at 15 yards. This ensures that most shooters have an effective point of impact with a dead on hold (Point of Aim) out to 50 yards with service ammunition."
Essentially, the post is placed in the notch and should impact 1" high.
Ahhh, thanks! We'll, there's my answer :cheers:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't understand why they all just can't be like Les Baer & show a undocumented number of holes somewhere on a piece of paper. I've always wondered how many holes missed the "target".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts