1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New to the forum, been researching semi-custom 1911's and came across Guncrafter's pull-down option menus. Curious about the meaning and usefulness of both a flush cut slide stop and chamfered frame? I can guess the meaning of the flush cut slide stop, but the purpose? Thanks for your replies and patience!

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
Flush cut slight stop, or countersunk slide stop, diminishes the chance to push the tip of the slide stop pin into the frame even a smidge when the slide is back, which effectively locks up the gun until you figure out what you did. Happens when your trigger finger is off the trigger and inadvertently presses the slide stop pin just above the trigger. I’ve done it on slide stop reloads.

Which I did twice in last Saturday’s match. Felt like a moron.

Flush cut and countersunk (just above the trigger).

conventional slide stop. It protrudes.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
Speaking of flush cut and/or countersunk slide stops, here’s the beast I managed to press on and stop this gun twice in last Saturday’s match. I’m an idiot.
Bicycle part Carbon Steel Synthetic rubber Bicycle drivetrain part

But I fixed it tonight. It’s not perfect, but close enough for pistol matches. Almost flush, and countersunk. Gun's kinda beat up anyway from shoving it in and out of kydex a brazilian times at matches.

Bicycle part Composite material Material property Tool Metal

·
Super Moderator
1,202 Posts
And the recessed slide stop is a necessity for me as a left handed shooter. My support hand thumb falls right on the pin projecting thru the right side of the frame. For me all 1911s have to have the slide stop recessed.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,518 Posts
This is the kind of question I like to see on the forum. Addicts are especially eager to share this stuff. When I was first learning about 1911’s, my very first post on toos was similar to this and I was hazed by the forum members.

Addicts is the best forum. Helping guys learn is embraced here. I rarely see the response “use the search function “.

you guys are the best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.