Quick Range Report: Ed Brown Executive Elite

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by 38 Super Fan, Jan 22, 2012.

1. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan Bass Fishing Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Just wanted to do a brief report of the new to me EE I picked up a couple weeks back. I only got to put about 50 rounds through it the other day, not a huge sample size, but enough to at least give me a good impression.

The Brown shot very well, the trigger was excellent, as you would of course expect, no creep, broke right around 4 lbs I would estimate. The slide cycled very smoothly, and all the brass ejected right into one neat little pile. I really liked the 25 LPI checkering, which was extremely well done, and offers a great feel, in fact I probably prefer it over 20 or 30 LPI.

The Ed Brown controls all have an excellent feel, the grip safety is very high cut and was nicely weighted. The thumb safety was a little stiffer than I expected, but no problem with that, it feels nice, I probably prefer the EB thumb safety to any other I've used, and it engaged and disengaged very positively. I still think EB should undercut the triggerguard just a little more to take full advantage of the high cut grip safety, but the gun still has a very good feel in my hands.

I managed a couple decent 7 round groups from 10 yards offhand which I could easily cover with my palm, not stellar shooting, but it surprised me because I'm very rusty. I don't think I had been shooting since back in the late Summer. No doubt this gun would be an absolute laser in the right hands.

Field stripping revealed no real surprises, no tooling marks, no abnormal wear, the previous owner did put about 900 rounds though this gun, so I was glad to see everything looked good in there. I did like the fit of the barrel bushing, which was tight enough that the bushing couldn't be turned by hand with the slide in battery, but turned easily with the slide back just a bit.

All and all I'm impressed with the EE, it's a drop dead gorgeous pistol, very well finished and with fit to match. Ed Brown certainly builds an excellent 1911. :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Very nice,........love the EE!

3. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    NICE!!!

To bad he doesn't like to give interviews to small no name YouTuber's :rofl2:

4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
  5. Nyack1911

Nyack1911 1911 addict

Sep 20, 2011
    yeah, he just wanted to share brown firearms with the whole world:wink:

6. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    sounds like an excellent reason the unload your RRA LM:biggrin1:

7. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice mini-review, and nice photos as well! Brown's shop seems to consistently turn out clean lines and updated classic looks.

I'd be interested in seeing signs of wear as you continue to break it in. (Slide stop axle, barrel feet, etc.)

Thanks for sharing.

:thumb:

Andy

8. 38 Super Fan

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks guys!

Sorry Bob, I'll be keeping my RRAs. :wink:

Thanks Andy. I'd like to do something like that, but I'm flat out terrible with any type of up close detailed pics. I suppose it would probably take a while for me to get any real round counts through it as well, I just don't get the chance to shoot much anymore. :(

9. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Congrats looks brand new..

10. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Beautiful gun!!! Congrats. Gotta cut back on the fishing and shoot more. LOL

11. 38 Super Fan

Aug 18, 2011
    :grin: Thanks! Yeah, all my free time does tend to go towards fishing.

12. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    She is a beaut! Congrats. 900 rounds by previous owner is nothing, why did you worry about internals? In 5-6K shot please post how parts came together :smile:

13. 38 Super Fan

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks! Oh yeah, I know that's not many rounds, but I still figure if there were any major fit issues I'd probably see some signs.

14. pdogkilr

pdogkilr Can't afford Therapy

Jan 7, 2012
    Nice report ----- very nice pistol. Thanks for sharing

15. 38 Super Fan

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks! Your EE report was way better, as are your pics. :thumb:

16. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
    That whole thing was an interesting diversion.

.38 Super Fan, Is your EE blued or GENIII?
    I have been considering one and yours is a beauty. I am amazed at the number of EB pistols that end up in Kentucky. We just have good taste.:grin:

17. 38 Super Fan

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks, it's blued. We do our part here in KY, I read somewhere that we led the nation in gun sales last year, pretty impressive given the relatively small population. :thumb:

18. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
    I try and do my part in maintaining our lead.

19. CIGARMAN454

CIGARMAN454 Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Congratulations, very nice gun.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted