1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts

It's a bit old post, but I am certain Dave or Steve can answer your question.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I personally don't think it holds up that well on Aluminum myself. The softer substrate is more prone to denting and cracking the finish. This is my take on it, I notice a lot easier wear on Alum Triggers over Anodized.. Ionbond may have a different process, but I'm not real confident on my end..

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I personally don't think it holds up that well on Aluminum myself. The softer substrate is more prone to denting and cracking the finish. This is my take on it, I notice a lot easier wear on Alum Triggers over Anodized.. Ionbond may have a different process, but I'm not real confident on my end..
Kinda what I expected. I have a few DLC triggers and I'm not super impressed with its wear resistance.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
While the hard question would be "Which one of these is your LEAST favorite?", the Series 70, between the Valor and the Alchemy, is a touch or two beyond amazing.

Mr. Owens, you do really great stuff and the aesthetic touches like French border(accent line?), slide top serrations and monogrammed recoil plug really does tie it all together. My goodness.

·
Registered
322 Posts
While the hard question would be "Which one of these is your LEAST favorite?", the Series 70, between the Valor and the Alchemy, is a touch or two beyond amazing.

Mr. Owens, you do really great stuff and the aesthetic touches like French border(accent line?), slide top serrations and monogrammed recoil plug really does tie it all together. My goodness.
They're more than just a pretty face too.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Awesome Steve! Looking forward to getting my Heavyweight Monolith back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts