R.I.P. Charley Daniels . . . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZoidMeister, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Hammer1911

Hammer1911 Active Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Saw him in concert in the late 80's great live performance. Listened to his music most of my life. Sad day.

OneEyedTanker likes this.
  2. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014

3. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    RIP Charlie, a true American Patriot.

4. easy10

easy10 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2019
    he has authored several books, they'll be my next books to read

5. Col K

Col K Member

May 14, 2016
    Charlie would whoop his ass - again.

OneEyedTanker and Greg M. like this.
  6. suzispapa

suzispapa Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    I saw Charlie and his band in the early 70's in Ft. Collins, CO. He opened for....wait for it...The Rolling Stones. He was absolutely electrifying. His encore rendition of "Orange Blossom Special" was the defining moment of the whole concert. Simply amazing. RIP Charlie. You will be missed.

7. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    RIP, Charlie Daniels

Saw him when I was still in southern USA, in western tennessee in about 1974 with too many other great southern bands too numerous to list. Great outdoor event, so glad I was there

8. OneEyedTanker

OneEyedTanker Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Charlie Daniels’ passing really hit me hard. During my two decades in the Army I saw the Charlie Daniels Band more times than I can recall. He had a passion for entertaining service members, and went wherever we were. No matter how dangerous; I saw him in Korea, Bosnia, Kuwait, the UAE and Iraq. Not to mention all the times he performed here at Ft Hood, and various other stateside posts. Hell, I even saw him at Ft Jackson, SC while I was at recruiting school! The last time I saw him was in Iraq, deep in the heart of the Sunni Triangle. After the show he and the band stayed available for autographs and hugs for over three hours. I got a CD case autographed there, to go along with my straw Stetson that they autographed in Korea. Truly a great patriot, and we would be lucky to find another celebrity who was willing to stand up and fight for our country and our freedoms. Rest easy, Charlie. You’ve earned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted