1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in from checking some trail cams on a farm near by the house. A thunderstorm blew in so it slowed down my day a bit. The mind started to wonder and got me thinking what 1911 I'd like to get next. Maybe a Colt government in 9 or a LW commander in 9. Send it off to say Night Hawk and let them run thru it. Or maybe a Baer UTC. Can't have too many Baers. What are your thoughts on this? Gun would be no safe queen and hopefully get carried. What would you do?

·
Deo Volente
7,800 Posts
Colt has been doing things pretty well lately with their consumer pistols.

What do you want to do with your new pistol? Carry? Range? Truck gun? BBQ? ;) Each one is different, but which one would make you happiest sitting in your Christmas stocking is all that matters! :D

Of course it is always important that your new pistol makes you smile every time you pull it out over the coming years! :)

·
Get off my lawn...
15,487 Posts
I believe that I would like to add a Wiley Clapp Government to the list of "must haves". Everything you need - and nothing you don't.

Unfortunately, I get side tracked very easily...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Between the two, I'd encourage the Baer over a Colt. Especially if the Colt would end up being sent to Nighthawk to get the semi-custom treatment anyways. In my mind, Colt's are for collecting and Baer's are for shooting, but that's just me. Happy hunting! :D

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Colts are for BUILDING.....but i wouldn't let a semi custom shop do it. Colts are more appealing when done by a well known gunsmith. When was the last time you saw a colt built by Wilson that sold for what a Wilson sells for? I have a Baer and several worked over colts. I much prefer the Colts for shooting, drooling on, posing with in mirror or just sitting around in my undies loving on them. :)

·
Deo Volente
7,800 Posts
Just got in from checking some trail cams on a farm near by the house. A thunderstorm blew in so it slowed down my day a bit. The mind started to wonder and got me thinking what 1911 I'd like to get next. Maybe a Colt government in 9 or a LW commander in 9. Send it off to say Night Hawk and let them run thru it. Or maybe a Baer UTC. Can't have too many Baers. What are your thoughts on this? Gun would be no safe queen and hopefully get carried. What would you do?
Here ya go cwoods...http://www.1911addicts.com/threads/benchmark-precision-hard-chromed-colt-commander-in-9mm.30069/ About as good as it gets!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Colts are for BUILDING.....but i wouldn't let a semi custom shop do it. Colts are more appealing when done by a well known gunsmith. When was the last time you saw a colt built by Wilson that sold for what a Wilson sells for? I have a Baer and several worked over colts. I much prefer the Colts for shooting, drooling on, posing with in mirror or just sitting around in my undies loving on them. :)
Yea you do have a point about them being more appealing with a well known smith. But the image in my head an all blacked out combat style colt in 9 just wont leave. I like NH style and think with the colt roll marks it would be pretty sweet. I do see your point about the two styles somewhat clashes. Or maybe I read too much into it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts