1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just won a colt combat delta 10 slide off eBay. I’m going to polish it and clean it up and put it hopefully on a JEM government frame and have a high polish blue on it. I want a kart xact fit 10mm barrel. My current delta has never had any issues with the unsupported barrel, but given the option I’d always go supported. So I know there are Wilson/Nowlin and Clark/Para. Visual differences aside, if I’m ordering from JEM and have an option for both why do I want one over the other? What are the pros and cons to consider. I’m not a smith obviously, so ease of installation is a consideration. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
There are in general more options with W/N bbls than the C/P bbls.
With that said I have an old (20+years) C/P bbl from CLARK that has a ton of rounds 50-60K or more through it and it's still crazy accurate.
I just built another 1911 for uspsa SS division and built it on a Caspain frame with a CP cut.
Because I had a CP bbl in stock.

Decide which bbl you want then order the frame with the corresponding cut.
Nowlin bbl.'s have been easy to install and wonderfully accurate in the 2 10mm's I've built. they are obviously W/N ramps

Reactions: Snakebill

·
The Tinker
4,486 Posts
So I just won a colt combat delta 10 slide off eBay. I’m going to polish it and clean it up and put it hopefully on a JEM government frame and have a high polish blue on it. I want a kart xact fit 10mm barrel. My current delta has never had any issues with the unsupported barrel, but given the option I’d always go supported. So I know there are Wilson/Nowlin and Clark/Para. Visual differences aside, if I’m ordering from JEM and have an option for both why do I want one over the other? What are the pros and cons to consider. I’m not a smith obviously, so ease of installation is a consideration. Thanks guys.
Because I have built mostly competition pistols that have to survive years and tens of thousands of rounds of hard use I believe the C/P to be stronger than the W/N. And while the C/P is easier to cut for the frame it is not drastically so.

But, if you're not building a competition pistol that will see tens of thousands of rounds through it, the W/N will survive just fine if timed correctly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Seems it’s just whichever you like then. Not what I expected, to be honest, but makes the decision easier since it really doesn’t seem to matter. Usually these kind of things have pros and cons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.