Randall knives for eye candy

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by rblondon, May 22, 2020.

1. rblondon

rblondon Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Here's a pair of Randall knives, the ivory handle is just that, ivory from yesteryear. A retirement gift from a co-worker two years ago. The Model 14 Attack has been my working Randall for 15 years. It's a favorite, what more can I say.

Attached Files:

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Damn, that blade with the ivory is special

Droooool.JPG

BillKilgore, Dub and simonp like this.

3. rblondon

Jul 11, 2018
    yes it is, a true working skinner but not with so much belly or sweep it won't do most camp chores. It's turned slab bacon into skillet material several times....handles deer skinning and picked a few knots loose - though you gotta watch Randall knives when picking knots, catch the tip with a bit of pressure and you cut more than you pick. It's a heck of a working blade - still made today. I THINK this one dates to the 1970s after talking with Randall in person. But that's as close as I can get. The sheath looks period correct, though it was in pristine condition - this particular knife was not carried in that sheath. My co-worker told me up front the sheath was newly made.

Dub likes this.
  4. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Nice knife. I love Randall’s and have an order in for one that’s going on 3 years. I ordered a model 1 7”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rblondon

Jul 11, 2018
    three years, your number will come up soon. I visited the shop last fall, placed an order; my wife about fell over when the guy rattled off the approx delivery time. A 1 / 5 is a long time favorite of mine, traveled many a mile with me. A pathfinder about my all time favorite, thogh these two photographed will get most jobs done. The 14 blade is a bit thick for camp chores, but will suffice.

6. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2020
    I love Randall knives. I have owned a few over the years but have kept this one around. It's the only one I have presently . 25-5 Stag with brass. get-attachment10_zps1bb37cfe.jpg

7. Coonan357

Coonan357 Member

Dec 31, 2019
    Good looking knives rblondon.
    I had lived in Orlando many years ago and toured the Randall shop. I had always wanted a Randall knife and finally joined the list. After about a 5-1/2 year wait my 7" #1 arrived last year. It just feels right.
    Scott
    [​IMG]

Sapper, nod, rblondon and 1 other person like this.
  8. rblondon

Jul 11, 2018
    Nice photo, many a Randall has trudged off to war hanging opposite of a tired 1911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Huevos

Huevos Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 15, 2016
    My one and only...

[​IMG]

Coonan357 and Lineman1982 like this.
  10. rblondon

Jul 11, 2018

11. Eric

Eric Cav Troopers Dad

Sep 10, 2011
    IMG_0775.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rblondon likes this.
  12. SF180A

SF180A Active Member

Jun 29, 2019
    Love Randall eye candy, here is a slightly used #14
    randall 14 -1.jpg randall 14.jpg

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted