1911 Firearm Addicts banner
2061 - 2080 of 2092 Posts

·
Dremel jockey
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,061 ·
I have several 'loaner' mainspring housings.
If any one is truly interested in 'golfballing', as I do it, I'd be happy to send them a loaner, so that
they can evaluate the texture for themselves.
I'm pretty well self-convinced that it's The Best.....LOL!!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Reactions: OneEyedTanker

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
I can attest that Chuck’s golfballing is the best grip treatment I have tried. Very secure without being overly sharp. Easy to adjust my grip but locks in with less pressure than needed to actually grip the gun. Big fan, my only regret is having his wrap around checkering on a gun without a Chen magwell. That’s totally my fault.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I can attest that Chuck’s golfballing is the best grip treatment I have tried. Very secure without being overly sharp. Easy to adjust my grip but locks in with less pressure than needed to actually grip the gun. Big fan, my only regret is having his wrap around checkering on a gun without a Chen magwell. That’s totally my fault.
I agree, I have experienced a variety of standard checkering at different LPI, gold cup serrations, the golf ball pattern by far is the most grippy and most comfortable that I have found, even running a gun in a multi day class I maintain a solid grip at all times and my hands aren't ripped up or uncomfortable after. I know visually it doesn't appeal to everyone but shrug, nothing does, to each their own. I obviously like the looks.

As far as combining the wrap around golf balls with a welded in chen magwell, I really don't think that can be beat period.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have several 'loaner' mainspring housings.
If any one is truly interested in 'golfballing', as I do it, I'd be happy to send them a loaner, so that
they can evaluate the texture for themselves.
I'm pretty well self-convinced that it's The Best.....LOL!!
Does this imply some spots for golf balling might be available soon?

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
926 Posts
Very cool stuff! I want that Valmet! 71?

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Did you do the engraving on that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,354 Posts
Thats awesome...The M60 was my favorite machine gun when I was in the Army. I loved shooting that thing. Carrying it, not so much.

Reactions: OneEyedTanker
2061 - 2080 of 2092 Posts