1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been using a Orca Tactical bag for the last couple years. It's been great and may just buy another, but thinking about other options.

What are you guys using and how fo you like it?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I use an old Craftsman cordless drill bag. I t holds plenty of ammo, my ear protection, safety glasses, a dish towel to lay my gun on so it dosnt get scratched up, spare mags, 2 bottles of iced tea, some TP in case as an absolute worse resort i have to use the porta crapper thats out there, and 30 clay birds.. i like to shoot at those because as they fragment they get harder to hit, and when im done i don't have to call a cease fire to go retrieve my targets.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I use an old Craftsman cordless drill bag. I t holds plenty of ammo, my ear protection, safety glasses, a dish towel to lay my gun on so it dosnt get scratched up, spare mags, 2 bottles of iced tea, some TP in case as an absolute worse resort i have to use the porta crapper thats out there, and 30 clay birds.. i like to shoot at those because as they fragment they get harder to hit, and when im done i don't have to call a cease fire to go retrieve my targets.
I hate using the Obummer presidential libraries. Good call using clays. Tool bags are still a target here in komifornia though.

·
Premium Member
Happily feeding the addiction
1,040 Posts
I use this G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack. I bought it because liked the individual pistol pouches...but mostly because it had the word "tactical" in the name, and that makes it cooler than the other side of my pillow.

Sports gear Luggage and bags Bag Khaki Beige

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I use this G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack. I bought it because liked the individual pistol pouches...but mostly because it had the word "tactical" in the name, and that makes it cooler than the other side of my pillow.

View attachment 902816
I have the larger version of this GPS bag and its pretty nice. Plenty of storage, organization and included pistol bags - and sturdy straps.

But it's obvious as hell to look at.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
If your going to use the orginal cases the guns came in any medium size duffle bag should work. If not check cabelas, 5.11. GPS tactical range bags and backpacks are nice.

Reactions: Lisa93

·
Premium Member
231 Posts

View attachment 902816
I have the same backpack but it's in black. It's super well-made and strong and I like how all the small compartments are laid-out in each zip-up section for ammo, tools, ear and eye pro, etc. The organization of the pack saves time and I know where everything is. I now have about a dozen of those individual pistol cases (I buy more at Big Daddy Unltd. when I need some). This backpack protects all my gear very well!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I use that 5.11 range bag, looks just like the midway one but costs about $10 more. Plenty of room for guns, ammo and anything else i want to bring with me.

·
Denizen
426 Posts
A 5.11 'Range Ready' bag. I've tried others, but keep coming back to this one because I really like the features on it - good magazine organization, plenty of room for all the stuff I need/want at the range.

When I have a need to transport incognito (which is rare), I have other bags/cases for that (but those aren't "range" bags, imo).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

View attachment 902816
I was actually looking one similar to this. It's nice to have your hands free and a backpack does that the best.

I'll have to check it out. My main concern is the size of the included pistol pouches, as I usually have an optic on most. Those look a bit bigger though.

Lots of good options in this thread though. At outdoor or private ranges wagons/rolling bags can be tough to beat.

·
Registered
S&W 586, CZ PCR, CZ Shadow 2, Sig P229
48 Posts
I have the same backpack but it's in black. It's super well-made and strong and I like how all the small compartments are laid-out in each zip-up section for ammo, tools, ear and eye pro, etc. The organization of the pack saves time and I know where everything is. I now have about a dozen of those individual pistol cases (I buy more at Big Daddy Unltd. when I need some). This backpack protects all my gear very well!
I also use this. It keeps everything organized and seems to be pretty well made

·
Registered
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
1,090 Posts

View attachment 902816
I have one of these too 👍got it on fleabay for $90 shipped brand new - well worth it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts