21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have the same backpack but it's in black. It's super well-made and strong and I like how all the small compartments are laid-out in each zip-up section for ammo, tools, ear and eye pro, etc. The organization of the pack saves time and I know where everything is. I now have about a dozen of those individual pistol cases (I buy more at Big Daddy Unltd. when I need some). This backpack protects all my gear very well!
I found a 20 mag clamshell that is very similarly sized as the included zip-up pouches off amazon a while back - makes it easier to take a whole bunch of mags to the range to save time on reloading.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a simple backpack set up for each gun with mags, targets, pushpins, a small ammo can, and earpro in each bag. I can just grab a bag and walk out the door with no prep and no carrying a bunch of extra stuff.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I carried a large 5.11 range bag for at least 25 years. No matter what I needed, or anyone else at the range, I had the tool or gizmo in my bag. Last year I just got tired of hauling that big bag around and got a small Maxpedition range bag. Still holds all I really need but is very much easier to carry around.
I’m one of the oddballs that only shoots one gun per range session so I don’t need anything that holds multiple guns.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have so many bags of all shapes and sizes. I think about what I want to shoot and grab a bag to meet those needs of the day. I too have a folding roller wagon (life saver for long shoot days). I like some of the thoughts in here. Cool gear.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I was actually looking one similar to this. It's nice to have your hands free and a backpack does that the best.

I'll have to check it out. My main concern is the size of the included pistol pouches, as I usually have an optic on most. Those look a bit bigger though.

Lots of good options in this thread though. At outdoor or private ranges wagons/rolling bags can be tough to beat.
The GPS pistol pouches have a separate section (like a sleeve) for the firearm that you can slide it into but it's pretty tight for anything bigger than a Compact. For my larger semis (like my p226 Legion RXP) with red dots, I simply place it alongside that sleeve and use the padded flap to separate it from the mag compartment. Then I zip up the pouch and the gun and mags are safe and secure, and nothing gets scratched! They work great! The opened pouch can be used as a gun rug at the range. I get them for $15 each on Big Daddy.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I use a bag I got from Amazon a few yrs ago. It has two zipper flaps on the side to hold your gun and 5-6 mags. The inside is big enough to hold a few bricks of any ammo if you THINK you might need them. I have my targets and earmuffs in there. I use to use a plastic toolbox but it got waaay too heavy.

·
born in the wrong century
7,051 Posts
Giving this bag & cart a spin.

Needed something for lugging gear to outdoor range.

Verdict is out on durability.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
White Black Musical instrument Luggage and bags Bag

Reactions: 45ACP_ray
21 - 34 of 34 Posts