1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new one. My parameters are 2-3 pistols, 4-6 boxes of shells, 2 pairs of muffs & glasses, and miscellaneous small tools. Bonus for a floor compartment that will accept a flat stack of the 50' slow fire ring targets (10.5" x 12"). Looking for solid, not flashy. Thanks.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,739 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have the Vertx B range bag and love it! I generally pack 2 or 3 pistols each range trip in it. They also have the A range bag if you need/want something larger. It isn't cheap, but in my experience it is truly a superior thought out product.

I previously had one of the 5.11 range bags and did not care for it at all. Organizationally it was barely better than tossing everything in a grocery bag.

Edit: Looks like they changed the name to "COF Light Range Bag", but same design

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,482 Posts
I went through a bunch of bags over the course of a few years. I know most people’s bag will last a lifetime but, mine just kept either form issues, having threads start to come free, or just get crappy looking. The look isn’t a big deal, but it bothered me...

After A LOT of research I decided I wanted a bag made in the USA (even if that meant spending more), a bag that fit all my needs-which was two pistols, ammo, eyes and ears, and possibly some minor tools. I also wanted a range bag that looked as good as most of my pistols.

I decided on a bag from Bag Master, I’ve used this bag for well over 3 years and have not had one issue at all! It’s an amazing bag that’s a buy once cry once item. Lifetime warranty, and pure class!

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Pro-...rds=bagmaster+range+bag&qid=1580265147&sr=8-3

Reactions: Mike Meints

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I am by no means an expert in bags, but something that is not designed to carry guns or tools is not likely to be rigid and sturdy enough to make a good range bag.

Then again, I am sure anything can be custom ordered given a large enough budget.

Let us know what you end up with.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I'm not much help. I was in a similar predicament a while back. A couple of times actually. My first priority was that it didn't look like a gun bag or even anything else that is expensive. That ruled out most if not all gun/tool/camera bags/cases. I'm still halfheartedly searching and using either an old jansport backpack or an older eddie bauer duffel bag. They work well. Plenty of room for ammo, mags, and ear pro. Keep eye pro, a sharpie, and a leatherman in the small pocket. I wear my gun in. Why take it off? If I take a bunch of guns, I bring em both and just drop one or two of these in.

Allen Double Attache Case for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004W2KQ1A?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

For rifles I love the tactical tailor (very high quality and USA made) but I haven't seen him offering a pistol case that is small and discreet enough for me.

Edit to add: if I have the room, I will pack extra, heavy crap in. Less is more for me in this case. (Haha pun only mildly intended).

·
Banned
180 Posts
Green Mountain range bags are great. Not sure if i can post a link here, but if you Google Green Mountain Range bag you will find their page.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
my blackhawk sportster meets the criteria and is almost like new afte r 6 years. I love black hawk products

I have seen quite a few Voodoo bags that look sturdy and work well..
of course I see plenty of guys using tool bags of all sizes. I Know they hold up well

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
This is my favorite range bag. I've had it so heavy it has left a bruise on my shoulder, and the straps and buckles have held up. I have a ton of Maxpedition gun rugs, and they fit well in this bag. My next bag will probably have wheels, but this one has been great.

https://www.511tactical.com/range-ready-bag.html
I have this one as well. It has held up well and can be loaded up with a lot of ammo, mags and the essentials for a day out shooting.

·
“Careful man, there’s a beverage here!” — The Dude
526 Posts
Here is a quick look at the Vertex range bag mentioned above. Room for at least three pistols, 6 boxes of ammo and 2 sets ears and eyes. I roll my targets into PVC or paper towel tubes rather than keep them flat....

62553CE8-B66D-4AC6-954E-88E1567E23AC_1_201_a.jpeg
F8CB1092-559E-45B7-8B81-3FF6EE075964_1_201_a.jpeg
CD5D3E10-9FD2-4AE8-81B7-B3BC44EB6EB0_1_201_a.jpeg
83B57B88-07F8-494E-80BA-48BDB34E8F2D_1_201_a.jpeg
6E25C328-8CF0-4D35-B80F-935E6197706F_1_201_a.jpeg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
DC5BD529-CA59-48BB-AEA2-93A11B108E9D_1_201_a.jpeg
19E35B9E-074B-4AE0-A05D-B9FF026A3C3C_1_201_a.jpeg

1 - 20 of 39 Posts