1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might buy a range bag. If I do, I'd want waxed canvas or leather. I don't need an elaborate, tricked out bag with a million compartments. Sometimes basic is better.

What's the word among range bag users? What's a good way to go?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
waxed canvas or leather
I have a green Canvas & leather range bag that I bought for $20.00 30 years ago.
It is like the Dr Who Tardis I can't believe all that's in there. Both Rifle & Pistol stuff
Big YKK zipper in the center & a big pouch on either side. I have two high power Spotting scopes
in the center of the bag hearing Protectors, gloves, ammo, etc.

There is no name on the bag, I believe it was made by one of the crafters who sold at Gun shows. I would buy one again.

·
One more please!
1,750 Posts

·
In Therapy, no hope
1,358 Posts

·
....front sight,press,repeat
385 Posts
Brown Bag Khaki Webbing Beige
I use either a Helmet Bag or one of the the cranky SOE folks bags. Bought it at Blade Show 2016 30$

Reactions: simonp

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
One of the gals at the range today had a rolling range bag by GPS. She took it apart for me and showed me all the compartments. Lot of bag for seventy five bucks from Amazon. She told me her LGS has them for a hundred and twenty dollars..
Looked like it weighed thirty pounds with all the guns, ammo and equipment she had..

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts
Check out Filson, they may have something you like and their products are guaranteed for life, CS is in Seattle-unless they’ve farmed it out.

Reactions: SCS1911

·
Registered
9,313 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Remember, the bigger the back the more you'll put in it and the heavier it'll get.

I've found smaller is better, just load and bring what you need for THAT range session and then reload afterwards.
This poster knows me. If there's room left, I'll find something I don't need to stuff in it. Trust me. I've seen me do it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys have and know quality range bags. Every single link I've opened sent subliminal messages through cyberspace to me enticing me to buy, buy, buy (or was it stay, stay, stay, a Clash lyric?). Every one I've seen I've liked.

I'll cop to never owning a range bag. I've never needed one. My life has changed. I can no longer stow stuff at taxpayers' expense. Hell, they didn't allow me to keep the gun issued to me.

Not all that long ago, a chick with whom I've been good for hanging with when the hanging's good asked me to out-of-state road trip with her. A lot of the trip would have been though known and verified tweaker (meth abuser) domain. Hence, a handgun would be better than a case of iced Disani. Last time I've road tripped with her, I was slightly concerned about the manner in which my handgun & ammo were stowed. From experience, it'd do me good to get straight that which demands precise straightening...especially chicks.

This is what I've bought: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/896979/midwayusa-deluxe-cotton-canvas-rifle-range-bag-dark-khaki I hope it'll work. If not, I'll send it back. But then again, I'll probably keep it. Knowing me like I know me, I know I can find stuff for fill it.

Here are more range bags: https://www.midwayusa.com/range-bags/br?cid=19645

I ain't sure if the one I bought is worth a C note, but it's probably worth 30 bucks plus shipping. If it's on sale and I need it, I'm all over it.

Thanks so much for all of your help. I really appreciate it. In return, I'm willing to share exquisite So Cal donut purveyors. I'm also good for jokes. A refined sense of humor was required for my former line of work. I'm tellin' ya, Chippendales was a dangerous gig. The owner provided range bags, which were required equipment.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine is an NRA premium for a 5 year membership, that has enough room for the hand gun some ammo eye and ear protection a couple cleaning kits, etc. etc. So when I get to the range ( I also take it on my hunting trips) I carry to bag, the long guns cased, a large tackle box style ammo carrier, and, outside optics both Binoculars and spotting scope, and extra targets.

·
middle aged white guy
5,654 Posts
bought a home depot tool bag about 5 years ago. basic black, hinged like an old doctors bag...has pouches that about 45 1911 mags, as well as range glasses, and, has enough room for muffs, and a day at the range worth of ammo.

think I paid 24 bucks for it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.