1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 4 days at home I had to get out today, thankfully being in a free state (AZ) Scottsdale Gun Club was open for both sales, transfers and the range.

At 9:00 when the doors opened their was a counter rush for ammo, maybe 50-60 people, and when I checked in and got settled on the range this is what it looked like. In the 45 minutes I was there maybe one or two more hearty souls joined us on the 32 lane range.

I guess people are taking social distancing seriously.

Range Day_6.jpg

Today was the first day shooting my pre-loved Vic Tibbets bobtail (9mm) which was built in the early 2000's.

It's all stainless steel and pretty substantial in the hand, not heavy but a nice presence. It shoots great, follow up shots are easy and the trigger is very, very good, maybe even a tad to light for EDC. I have not had a gun with more minimal uptake and such a easy break.

Range Day_4.jpg
Range Day_5.jpg

The above target was "swiss-cheesed" at 25 ft with double taps and one full magazine dump, so I'm impressed.

Since, I've been carrying 24/7 under the present conditions I figured I would do some drills with my my ULCC.

Every time, I shoot this gun I'm impressed. It's light, thin, accurate and everything you'd want in an EDC. I see now that Stan Chen will be doing compact magwell so maybe I'll need to add one as the only potential issue with this gun would be changing our magazines during stressful situations.

Range Day_1.jpg
Range Day_2.jpg
Range Day_3.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
Thanks for the very interesting report.
Your pistols and targets were terrific to look at...

·
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your pistols and targets were terrific to look at...
Thank you, that's very kind to say. I've been trying to push some threads out and keep myself and maybe you guys from going stir-crazy, being coop'd up wouldn't be so bad with some sports on the tube but my God...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sweet pair of guns, very nice, very envious of both the guns & the ability to go shoot since we are on lockdown week 2 and no end until at least 4/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Thanks for the report and setting the urge to get out.
I think I'll take a couple out Mon. I belong to an outdoor range..... so barring any rain I'll get a few rounds off.

Oh yeah.............. Love that Bobtail!!!!

·
JMB fan
563 Posts
It's nice and sunny here today. Might get up to 40 and most of our snow is gone. Might strap a pistol on and go for walk on some old pit roads for something to do.....

·
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...... since we are on lockdown week 2 and no end until at least 4/8
Where are you? That's two more weeks, wow...

Reactions: isialk

·
Registered
752 Posts
Looks like a great day!!!! We had 60 degree weather, yesterday, here in So. Colorado. Made it to the range with a couple of buddies and an armload of firearms. Good to feel recoil and smell gunpowder!!!!

Gary

1 - 15 of 15 Posts