Ed Brown Range Run: Reworked KC9 from E.B. Post #24 Range Report to follow

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by TheCollector, Mar 18, 2019.

1. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Since @razorbacker sold his EVO KC9 & made a gal very happy, I thought I would pick up where he left off.
    My hopes are to make a range run tomorrow morning with a bag full of lead & hardware. My plans are to take these 3 and a variety of 9mm ammo. If all goes well, I will post a range report tomorrow. **Please note** It will not be my intention to rate one vs. another but only tell how it went. This will be the first lead out of all 3. I'm not a very good evaluator as I'm not a real accurate shooter, I don't compete and I believe guns are like p.............. well, you know, Its all good some is just better.

If I don't post targets it will only because I might have a weak EGO tomorrow and I'm afraid readers here will focus on them & my ability to shoot, instead of what I have to say about the trigger holders.

IMG_2332 (2).jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. GIJoke

GIJoke A meat popsicle I am

Aug 28, 2018
    Let’s go ahead and avoid the disappointment and send me the EDC X9...I’ll handle the stress for you!!! :hurting:

B81, ZoidMeister and TheCollector like this.

3. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I could do that..... I have a spare! :cool2: IMG_1957 (2).jpg

B81, nix_gary and GIJoke like this.
  4. Otherside

Otherside Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2019
    I never looked at my guns that way. I always told her they were like shoes.

TheCollector likes this.
  5. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    Yeah... but shoes get worn out..................................................................... oh, I see what you mean. :confused:

Otherside likes this.
  6. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Collector, thanks for carrying forth the KC9 mantle. Enjoy the range time and report back.

B81 and TheCollector like this.
  7. GIJoke

Aug 28, 2018
    TheCollector likes this.
  8. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    Range Report!!!!
    I made it to the range for a few rounds today. 50 through each of the guns. Since I didn't have a lot of time I only took one ammo for comparison purposes. I ran three 9 round mags. through each gun. (yes, even the EDC X9) None of the mags. had been preloaded for spring set.

I then hung 3 separate targets at the same time. (two side by side at eye level, one right below them.) all targets were at 10 yds. standing.
    The results are shown below.
    ***items of note*** the WC X9 has the orange ring front sight, I don't see orange really well and I was facing early morning sun. Maybe that explains my off center....... or maybe I'm just not all that good.:confused:
    *** WC X9 & DW VBob had no issues and both felt good... although, there is a huge difference in grip sizes with slim on one and double stack on the other.
    *** EB KC9 had issues!!! When it shot, it felt the best to me and I seemed to find target better with it. HOWEVER!!! I'm sad to report that I had several "Fail to EXTRACT" incidents. It was leaving the spent cartridge in the chamber, only pulling it out about 3/16" locking the slide with the next round pushed up underneath it.
    I contacted E.B. and they immediately emailed me a shipping tag. They didn't even want me to clean it so that they could get it in the problem condition... So, its on its way home.

I imagine that many of the comments will be directed at my inability to shoot straight. :cry::cry:

IMG_2347 (2).jpg IMG_2349 (2).jpg IMG_2350 (2).jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    B81, limbkiller, ronin11 and 6 others like this.
  9. GIJoke

Aug 28, 2018
    Great grouping with the DW - and the vampire bite from the WC is awesome! :pirate:

That’s good info about EB customer service!

TheCollector likes this.
  10. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Looks like the VBob wins the day... imagine that!:)
    Dan Wesson has figured out how to make a 9mm!

I’m a bit surprised at the X9.... Mine was dead on the first moment I pulled the trigger!

I have no comment on the EB as I don’t own one! I’m sure they will get it fixed for you.

TheCollector likes this.
  11. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    Yeah..... but you know how to shoot!!!
    I might have been a little uptight with the EB acting up.

12. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Soooo you can shoot the VBob but not the two Semi customs?..
    I think not!

Sometimes the evidence speaks for itself!
    You shoot just fine. We all have guns we shoot better then others.
    Even if they cost less than the Semi Customs.

That VBob is a keeper, plain and simple!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    limbkiller, ronin11 and TheCollector like this.
  13. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    VBob wins the day, folks always like an underdog win. KC9 goes back for external extractor tweak. Nice 10 yd groups, thanks for posting results.

Dwe and TheCollector like this.
  14. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    I believe your issue with the X9 results from the fact that you did not have your second one in your other hand!

Thanks for the update and insight and glad to hear EBs response was prompt.

TheCollector likes this.
  15. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Good shooting! I hope you can enjoy a longer session with these beauty's soon.

TheCollector likes this.
  16. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I'll be anxious to get the Brown back and take them out again with more time and different loads.
    This is an unfair comparison until they all have some rounds through them.

Raydog1911 likes this.
  17. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    It did seem to hold the tightest group which is extremely promising. I had just ordered my DW C-bob 38 Super when they announced these. I week sooner and I likely would have got in on the initial run. I like the lines. Small reductions make a huge difference in concealability.

TheCollector likes this.
  18. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    To be honest.. the Brown felt the calmest (if that's a good one word description) when shooting. Especially during double taps.

19. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    If those groups included double taps you shot very well indeed!

GIJoke likes this.
  20. GIJoke

Aug 28, 2018
    +1!!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted