Range Training Videos

Discussion in 'Training' started by Columbia, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Columbia

Columbia Active Member

Oct 9, 2020
    This was my first time taking the M&P Shield (1.0) out for any real training at the range. It does pretty well for a subcompact! Shot a 1.98 Bill Drill, but the shorter sight radius does not allow for any slop in your sight alignment. I can get away with not having everything perfect with my full-size guns, but it definitely shows when you're even a little off with this little guy. Hence my multiple misses on the alternate positions.

The running and shooting drills aren't designed to be some sort of realistic scenario, we're just stringing together a few different skills we wanted to work into a semi-coherent course of fire. I can go on a whole rant about skills vs tactics and my philosophy on it lol. These drills are for working on specific skills, FoF is when we actually work scenario based stuff. Of course we ran these drills on a timer for the stress and competition (between us) aspect. I only owed about 60 burpees by the end of the range day :bang:

How do you guys approach your training? I understand that not everyone has access to sims, so what's your philosophy on developing then validating/employing skills?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    River runner likes this.
  2. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    Looks like it performed really well!!

3. Columbia

Columbia Active Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Yeah it did! I was pleasantly surprised with how manageable the gun is now! I got it back when they were still relatively new (2014ish?), and I absolutely hated it and shelved it for years. It does it's job and is pleasant to shoot now, so I'm definitely going to start carrying it over the glock.

4. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    I heard that. What IWB holster you using?

5. Columbia

Columbia Active Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Yeah I still wouldn't recommend one off the shelf (at least a 1.0 that is) to anyone I like, it was that bad lol.

It's a T-Rex Sidecar. I'm not a big fan of it, but it works. I got it because I have a Tier 1 Concealed AIWB for my glock, and I wanted to compare the two. If you're in the market for a kydex AIWB holster, the Tier 1 is definitely worth the extra $20 and wait time.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted