close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rare Colt 9mm?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Blayglock, Aug 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Is this really that rare? Ill admit Im not up on Colts, sodid they not make many m1991s in 9mm or is this guy full of it?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=248266806

You know its got to be rare because everything is in all caps...

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    don't think $1900 rare

3. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    BTW, there are 2 Springfield 9mm mil-spec's on GB. one is NIB

4. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    I see that. One of them is in PA. Agreed on the price. The only $1900 Ill spend on a Colt is one that someone like Pistolwrench has worked over.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I've been recently shocked with what people are paying for some of the pistols coming out of Colt. Some of the guys on the enthusiast forum have new Colts that cost as much as a Toyota.. Ron

6. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    WHY AM I BROKE!?!?!?!?!?!

7. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have seen crazy used prices, but not on new stuff! I have a Colt Rail Gun at the shop and i cant even sell the damn thing for $1049!

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I forget what model was mentioned, but it was said there were only 25 made this year. I never see any such Colts, just the $1000-$1200 clackity-clack variety. I don't care much for what I see and a WC Talo I looked at is probably the best Colt I've had in my hand. I don't feel the love.. Ron

9. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I think some Colt's are beautiful, but nothing ive ever wanted to own. I would however, use one as a base gun on a build, hands down!

10. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    Same here.

11. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    This is how I feel about them also.

12. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Boy, I hope not.....or maybe I hope so. A few years back I picked up two,not quite consecutive serial numbered pistols identical to the one listed for $845 each. I recently traded one straight up for an all-steel Colt OACP. I still have the other in the safe, new sights, grips safety, trigger, hammer all installed by paul Liebenberg......

13. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    ^welcome aboard. We would love to see that Colt. Don't get to see much of Liebenberg's work.

14. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I wil take one and throw it up hear. The GS was just a Wilson drop in, the biggest thing was that I wanted him to do the action job. I have the receipt for the work that he did. I am still determined to have him do a full custom build for me in the future. I am fortunate in that his shop is just 10 driving miles from my house.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted