1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terry Tussey was not your average Pistolsmith, and this little pistol is an intriguing peek into the man's genius.

The Tussey Junior, was Terry's brainchild to create an ultra light sub compact 1911 for deep carry and backup. Mr Clapp goes into detail nicely in this article...

This gun will come with 2 frames, the original Detonics length, Titanium frame, and the Aluminum OACP Length frame the gun is currently assembled with. When built originally on the TI frame the gun went back to Tussey's shop for a feed issue with the client's preferred JHP ammo, the solution left the owner and the Smith to putting the Caspian officers frame under it. The added benefit was readily available mags, capacity and grip/checkering was a huge bonus IMO. SFS ignition parts make it great for pocket carry. Gun still tips my scale at a scant 19oz! Mountain of work to trim the fat out of this slide, there just are not guys doing this kind of craziness today!

Gun will ship as shown with Walnut and Carbon fiber grips, one Colt OACP mag, spare extractor, and the TI frame

I shot one mag of ball thru it just to say I did, and she is lively!

$2750 Shipped OBO

Product Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood
Computer keyboard Input device Blue Electronic instrument Office equipment
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Ammunition
Computer keyboard Office equipment Rectangle Wood Tool
Bag Automotive exterior Bumper Electric blue Luggage and bags
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Everyday carry
Bumper Line Automotive exterior Gadget Office equipment
Wood Musical instrument accessory Everyday carry Wood stain Gadget
Office supplies Office equipment Wood Publication Writing implement

·
Registered
287 Posts
Having been to Hardwick VT, it’s hard to imagine anything as awesome as this coming out of there (or anywhere in the Northeast Kingdom for that matter)!!

• Haha
Reactions: Karl Beining

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,772 Posts
Damn, that's cool as he'll and rare as hen's teeth! Great price, too!

·
Vendor
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's with the removable plate on the top of the slide? RMR possibly?
Steel was machined out and a TI insert made to remove weight, he was chasing grams in this project

·
Registered
248 Posts
I met Terry in the 90’s right before he moved Nevada. He was sooo fed up with CA and it’s politics.

He showed me his personal mini 1911 which was quite a bit smaller than the one shown here. He said that he would make me one. I wanted to order one really bad, but having a young growing family at the time, I just could’t swing it.

Boy do I ever regret not finding a way to buy one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts