1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an observation.

In many tv shows and movies there is a rattle when someone is handling a pistol. Seems especially common when the pistol is pointed rapidly in a different direction. Should I be sad that my pistols don’t do this? Certainly it is meant to sound menacing, right? Maybe it’s a factory upgrade?

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
I have never paid much attention to the rattle but have you ever noticed how those Hollywood types hold their guns? It is obvious to me that very very few of them really shoot in real life or they would know better. Tom Cruise was in a movie several years ago and I read where he had a coach to train him before the movie to correctly handle and conceal the .45 he was using. Watch many of the others and you will know what I mean.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
I had an old Mossberg 500 pump I had put around 5000 rounds of magnum #4 buck through it for pin and Steel Matches.......I bought it used so and well worn....So who knows the real round count.

It sounded like someone shaking a tin can with 2 rocks in it.

Karsten

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Ruger's grip safeties on most of their SR1911 series rattle louder than widow Sadie's dentures in a hurricane . . . . .

·
What me worry ?
11,259 Posts
Just an observation.

In many tv shows and movies there is a rattle when someone is handling a pistol. Seems especially common when the pistol is pointed rapidly in a different direction. Should I be sad that my pistols don’t do this? Certainly it is meant to sound menacing, right? Maybe it’s a factory upgrade?
Jack , check page 743980 of your TTT gunsmithing catalog, available free for $50.00 .
Two options for your rattle .
52913770-9685-47E0-836B-1D20638730AB.jpeg

9D530B40-21D4-460B-AA45-9011CC823B12.jpeg

If you choose 2 ,delivery will be slightly delayed as our director
Of Marketing (@Kip ) has to catch the damn thing. !
Send CASH only and a big tip for Kippy .

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Ruger's grip safeties on most of their SR1911 series rattle louder than widow Sadie's dentures in a hurricane . . . . .
What he said ^^^^^^^

However!!!
In my part of the country... better it be my Ruger than my boot buddy

rattle snake..jpg

yesssssssssssssssss @tac45 posted his sssssssssssssssnake while I wassssssssssss looking for mine!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I saw a show once, I think it was actually Dr. Who, and a character was standing between two others pointing a revolver back and forth. Each time he pointed the gun in a different direction that awful fake "cocking" noise played. At first it was funny, then just... sad.

Like in those terrible Fast and Furious movies, when they shift a dozen times accelerating in a straight line.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts