Razorback vs Silverback 10mm

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by sammieiii, May 14, 2019.

1. sammieiii

sammieiii Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I have been looking for a Dan Wesson 10mm. I came across a silverback that was lightly used for 1400. I noticed DW has discontinued the silverback and was curious if anybody knew why. In your experience do you have a preference between the Razorback compared to the silverback or is it purely the two-tone vs stainless?
    Thank you in advance.
    Sam

2. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    One has checkering, adjustable rear sight and a two tone look.

BCWood64 and ChuckC like this.

3. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Silverback is 2 tone, has ball cuts, front strap checkering, adjustable night-sights, flush cut and beveled slide stop, I also believe a slightly undercut trigger guard, and a rib on the slide top.
    A LGS has a NIB 10mm silverback with a tag of 1799.00

Razor back is stainless no front strap checkering, with black on black sights, and rib on slide top
    The Razorback lends itself to be able to have a bunch of customization after the fact.
    Kinda a 10mm blank slate.

gun_fan111 and BCWood64 like this.
  4. Barstool Aviator

Barstool Aviator "Select Zone 5 and engage...."

Feb 25, 2016
    Out of the two, the Silverback is more on the end of "buy once cry once" It comes with a lot of describable features for a 1911 while the Razorback is more of a plain jane.

I'd get the Silverback, I'm not a huge fan of the reverse two tone, but its the most bang for your buck.

Or get a long slide, like their Bruin. I love my Bruin!

cgff likes this.
  5. sammieiii

sammieiii Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    What are your thoughts on the Sig Legion 220 in 10mm compared to the Silverback? I agree that I'm not much of a fan of the two tone and I already have a Sig 1911 Tacops in 10mm so I'm not thinking of branching out to a SA/DA. Any thoughts/suggestions on Sigs legion or another one? I worry that Glock will be too light...

6. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    This^^^^^^
    I went with the Silverback, although a fully Duty Treated
    Custom version.
    I say if you can get a Silverback.... you may want to jump that Shlt!
    2C846AE6-E8AF-4E27-B9D6-79315328F2F0.jpeg

cgff likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted