1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, Hello, I am new to this site and fairly new to NC. I need the group's advice for a gunsmith. I'm embarrassed to admit, I fumbled my Gold Cup and bounced it off the garage floor. My rear site took a hit. It's either find a gunsmith here or send it to COLT for repair.

I'm ok either way. I have sent my Gold Cup to them several times over my 30+ yr history with this gun. However, this is a perfect time to meet a local gunsmith and have a contact if ever needed again.

I appreciate you reading my post and thank you in advance for any recommendations.

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys - someone requested a pic, see attached.

And, the point of impact was the site. What use to be "sighted perfect for me", is now a sight that is setting not level. There is an obvious tilt down to the right. Thank you for the information, so far. I appreciate the input from all y'all. Thanks again.

Attachments

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,829 Posts
How about a picture?

Colt would be the last people I would send it too. They'd probably loose it during the "move" :sneaky:

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I just shipped a slide to John Harrison yesterday. Replacement of an adjustable Bomar rear sight with one of John's fixed sights. I'll be doing the same with my Colt Gold Cup Trophy.

This is a good answer right here. At the same time, you now have your choice of sight and may do as you please. Maybe you want it replaced with a factory sight or maybe it's an opportunity to try something a little more "fancy". I believe you can just about do as you please here. Sights are everywhere on the interwebs and if you can't or don't want to install them yourself, shipping your slide or finding a local smith shouldn't be hard at all for such a thing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What sight? A 30 year old gun, I don't know if it has an Accro, Elliason, or Bomar.
What is the damage? A Bomar or copy might could be fixed, just as well replace an Accro or Elliason.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Reactions: Moad

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
In trying to remember my old Gold Cup but I believe it’s just the adjustment screw and a roll pin at the front of the Elliason sight that holds it in. Also a small spring in there too. I broke one as well and replaced it myself many moons ago.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Go back into the garage and drop it on the opposite side of the rear sight.😁
Try a WTB post here and someone may have a sight in their parts box they would sell, it would be easy to replace yourself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts