1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Glock G20 10 mm. Despite all of the reports I heard about the 10 mm recoil being excessive, I have no problem with it.........except after firing about 100 rounds my trigger finger, the fleshy part that contacts the trigger, was moderately sore. Almost like I had repeatedly whacked it on something sharp or rough. I've fired thousands of rounds with other handguns and never had this happen. I checked the trigger and there is nothing sharp on it. What am I missing?

·
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a 1911 today
3,583 Posts
One thing consider is the pivoting "safety" in the trigger. This makes for a part that shifts ever so slightly when you are firing. When I had my G20, my trigger finger would drag the inside of the trigger guard, because the grip was so large.

And 10mm is awesome.

Reactions: Dub and WWB

·
Registered
170 Posts
I recently bought a Glock G20 10 mm. Despite all of the reports I heard about the 10 mm recoil being excessive, I have no problem with it.........except after firing about 100 rounds my trigger finger, the fleshy part that contacts the trigger, was moderately sore. Almost like I had repeatedly whacked it on something sharp or rough. I've fired thousands of rounds with other handguns and never had this happen. I checked the trigger and there is nothing sharp on it. What am I missing?
Which Generation is it? I’m guessing a Generation 3?

I’d like to get a Glock 20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Yep, ye ole Glock finger condition. Same sore finger after 200 rounds with my G19 or G17. You are normal. I've toyed with the ideal of one of those fancy aftermarket trigger shoes but always think, it's only a Glock, don't waste extra money on a Glock.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
as a loooooong time Glock shootah....I can tell you 3 things that cause this:

1) As @Bender said....on alot of trigger shoes there is a "mold line" on the front. You can take some fine grit sand paper and remove this for more comfort.

2) The trigger safety tab (the piece that engages the frame when the trigger is released and is pressed in when you place your finger on the trigger)...sometimes is not flush with the trigger pad and sits slightly above the trigger face and not flush. So when you place your finger on the trigger, the safety tab not being flush will cause an irritation. Take the trigger bar out of the gun, hold the safety tab engaged from the rear and any little bit that is protruding above the face of the trigger shoe, just trim it with a razor blade (it's usually minimal) until it is flush with the trigger shoe when depressed.

3) Do you have a "serrated" trigger shoe or a "smooth" trigger shoe? I find the "serrated" trigger shoes cause me issues with extended range sessions (300+ rounds). I put smooth trigger shoes on all my Glocks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes its a G3, have any personal experience ?
I have 13 Glock pistols. The trigger can feel rough. The Generation 3 and Generation 4 trigger bars are interchangeable.

You could get an aftermarket trigger like an Apex or Overwatch Precision. It does depend upon what you’re purpose for it is.

I have considered getting one for hiking. But I have a few options, already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.