1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I run a recoil master in most of my guns. That said a 9lb-14lb spring will work on a 5” 9mm 1911/2011. Remember it’s a sum of all parts kind of thing and the load you are shooting, weight of the slide, the mainspring weight, firing pin stop radius and shock-buff (if you believe in those things) will all effect the recoil spring weight.

Good video...

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run a recoil master in most of my guns. That said a 9lb-14lb spring will work on a 5” 9mm 1911/2011. Remember it’s a sum of all parts kind of thing and the load you are shooting, weight of the slide, the mainspring weight, firing pin stop radius and shock-buff (if you believe in those things) will all effect the recoil spring weight.

Good video...
Where do you buy the recoil system?

·
Registered
440 Posts
That is a great video which has been around for sometime. I purchased one of those calibration packs quite some time back, found the proper recoil spring for the particular gun and load I was shooting, then just bought the bulk pack of that same pound spring.

NT00 also makes different poundage of main springs you can try in combination with your recoil springs. Great products and the best and easiest way to quickly tune your pistol.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
8-10 usually variable Wolff's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts