1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took apart an STI Lawman 4.0 in .45 that I bought used and it had this recoil system in it. I always thought it felt just as easy as a 9mm when shooting it. I think my opinion is unbiased since I didn’t know it was even in there.
Is this the same recoil system as DPM? It’s listed as an STI part on Brownells.com.
I want to put one in my Glock and Mil-Spec 5”. Just to see if I can tell the difference.

I tried searching older threads but the one I found was 2 years old.
What do you guys think of this recoil system?

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...il-hardware/1911-recoil-master-prod16716.aspx

C09EDAEB-64AD-48CD-AE3C-5FE2A6F468AA.jpeg

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Nor sure what a DPM is but that is a picture of a STI recoil master, dual spring system. It’s very effective in mitigating recoil and functioning with any power load. The main spring is rated at 5k rounds (I’ve run more than 7k on a couple of mine) and the smaller spring is rated over 20k rounds.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not sure your STI recoil system will fit a standard 1911.
Google:"1911 internal spring frame saver recoil system"
"1911 dual spring recoil spring system"
Most seem to think a solution looking for a problem.
But may solve the problem where people have difficulty "racking the slide"!
(P.M. if you are interested in purchasing a used one!)

Smiles,

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure your STI recoil system will fit a standard 1911.
Google:"1911 internal spring frame saver recoil system"
"1911 dual spring recoil spring system"
Most seem to think a solution looking for a problem.
But may solve the problem where people have difficulty "racking the slide"!
(P.M. if you are interested in purchasing a used one!)

Smiles,
I googled but I’m not sure what it is I’m looking for. Colt dual spring showed up. My Colt came with that setup.

The link below is the DPM system I referred too. Looks just like STI system to me. They have them for 1911 5” and a lot of other guns.
If I could make my Mil-Spec SA shoot as soft as my STI Commander size .45, I’d jump on these. Curious to what others might think.
https://www.dpmsystems.com/1911-5-b...y-rod-end-petal-shape-9mm-40sw-45acp-38super/

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nor sure what a DPM is but that is a picture of a STI recoil master, dual spring system. It’s very effective in mitigating recoil and functioning with any power load. The main spring is rated at 5k rounds (I’ve run more than 7k on a couple of mine) and the smaller spring is rated over 20k rounds.
Posted a link in my other reply.

Do you know what STI Fla Tec is? See it on their website but nothing about what it is. Curious?
C7412D4F-094A-4AB7-9D2C-83C61EE3D4E2.jpeg
C7412D4F-094A-4AB7-9D2C-83C61EE3D4E2.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts