1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
HK VP9 is what I will offer as a recommendation. Fantastic ergonomics. Relentless reliability. I absolutely beat on mine last summer training and taking classes and it just keeps chugging along.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,939 Posts
@gun_fan111, I had no idea. I have a big CZ dealer near me also. I bet that they could help me out.
Thanks, I think I need one!

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,939 Posts
Check out CZCustom.com, I believe they are doing these conversions.
I am going to ask about this. I never knew. I guess I don't know everything after all. 😄

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,939 Posts
Reactions: AJP

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So there's a shop 2.5 hours from me that shows in stock a CZ shadow 1 and 2, a couple of Tanfoglio models (a stock iii would be in my range though they don't have one) and a 92X performance. Might warrant a trip to see how they all feel. They also have a rex zero which while not in the same class as the others would be worth feeling out as I've never seen one and it does have the desired features.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So I took the trip.
The 92x is one wild looking gun in person, and I wanted to like it, but the frame was just too big for my hands to get a really good grip.
I liked the Shadow 2. I too had a frame that was as bit large, not as bad as the Beretta but I couldn't hit the safety without shifting my grip slightly. And it was really heavy, which I guess is the point but still. Really nice trigger and features on that gun though.
The SP-01 shadow they had felt the best of all. Nice balance, fit my hand, nice features though the checkering left something to be desired. They wanted too much for it though ($1800+). Not sure why since the other two were priced competitively.
So now I guess I'm on the lookout for an SP-01 variant.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm interested in the USP also. For people that have one, if you ride the safety is there a chance that it could unintentionally de-cock?
The lever is located such that it is easy to take off safe as you draw/present, but not such that your thumb will ride it ala 1911.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts