1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice or recommendations regarding 7.62 NATO /.308 ammo for range sessions and practice for MIA style rifle.

Good quality and good price is what I am looking for. Not looking for match grade ammo.

Regards
JMV

·
813 Posts
There will probably be a lot of people who will say this but after the initial up-front cost, reloading your own ammo will be the cheapest way to go.

I use SG Ammo to find most of my factory stuff. Good prices and only shows what's in stock.

People seem to like LAX Ammunition as well but I've never personally used them.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
MEN ammo was very accurate out of a 18" barrel, and we only shot it out to 100 yds. IMI is good Israeli ammo. MEN was not boxer primed, the IMI was and the brass was really good.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just use 147 grain battle pack stuff out of my M1A's and it works well. Guat, South African, German, just use non-corrosive.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had good results with PPU 145 gr ball. Some of the most affordable brass cased 7.62×51 IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
A friend had some MEN surplus, made it Germany I think, he's not a really good shot but that ammo upped his game quite a bit. Very accurate

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Great post , I have been wanting to get back to .308 but just seem to find the time.

My really want rifle is a tavor 7.

Just have to figure out some cheap good glass for it and cheap good practice Ammo. Yep looking for unicorns, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts