1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up peeps! Dave from Defensive Creations has started work on my Manurhin MR73... That means I need some new shoes for her! I’m looking for someone with some talent who can make a balls to the wall set of grips for it.

No clue where look or who to ask, but figured someone here might know!

Thoughts/Suggestions/Other? Lemme know what you all got for me!

Reactions: JLL2013

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,981 Posts
Brian Challis

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,623 Posts
Perhaps contact Herrett's and ask if they would fit something to your gun.

·
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually own this exact set of grips... Dave is cutting the barrel down from 4” to 3”... I’m just worried that these grips might over power the revo now that it’s been taken down a bit.

Nills does make a open back set that look similar however are not quite as overpowering size wise... they are not in stock though.

Solid thought... I can always slap them on and see how the look! For now though need to keep looking into custom makers, just incase they are to big.

Reactions: mlea5150

·
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought Dave was hesitant to try to remove that barrel. Depending on how much "social distancing" he's doing, I may have to pop in next week and have a look :).
He was... then hit hit me up with a frame wrench pic like...

“Frame wrench insert for Manurhin.
Why?? Because I really want to make this a 3" one of a kind!!”

He’s been sending me some pictures as he goes. I have to say, it’s going to be special when it’s done! I will def post a full write up when it completely done.

Not only is Dave a super gunsmith, he’s one of the nicest guys I’ve talked with and worked with!

Reactions: ronin11

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Before and after pictures!!!
Lets start with a before !!!!

·
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before and after pictures!!!
Lets start with a before !!!!
I’ll start a new thread for it under the revo page....

·
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I was trying not to go with trauch grips or the original stocks.

I might be limited...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I guess that your MR73 has the round grip frame and find the original grips for it actually comfortable. There is a guy in France that still has a few. I bought a set for the MR73 in the photo below from him and the are comfortable enough to shoot them. I like them definitely better than the Trausch grips.

·
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I may give those guys a call. We will see. Would rather have something made to my likening. Prob gonna be next to impossible though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts