Recommendations on Purchasing a Wilson Combat

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by paid4c4, Oct 24, 2011.

1. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    I've sold several surplus weapons and have the needed funds to purchase a new toy. I've always wanted a Wilson Combat but have no dealers close by. Any recommendations on a dealer that may have a good inventory and perhaps less than MSRP. I have a LGS which will accept shipments from another dealer. Suggestions appreciated. I would also consider a used Wilson in good condition.
    Bill:nod:

2. Metaloy

Metaloy Active Member

Sep 8, 2011

3. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Try Dave at DRC Firearms. He is a sponsor here and is also a Master Wilson Dealer. You won't find a better guy to deal with.

4. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I'll second working with Dave at DRC. Top shelf service, great guy to deal with.

Andy

5. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
  6. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
  7. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
  8. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    God this place is turning into TOS. :lol:

9. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Back in line, stooge. Don't make me ban you. :tongueout:

10. drcfirearms

Aug 16, 2011
    Maybe I should introduce a 5 year, zero interest layaway plan, then maybe Hokie would recommend me......:pop2:

11. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Just for that snarky comment I'm definitely not buying from you. :tongueout:

Sorry, not all of us are dripping in cash and have a mortgage, car payments, 3 kids, child support, etc etc etc...

12. drcfirearms

Aug 16, 2011
    Not even going to reply to that, Paul....

13. TexasLeo

TexasLeo Member

Aug 20, 2011
    another vote for dave

14. sjd78

sjd78 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    It doesnt need to be 5 years...1 year no interest layaway will be fine. :biggrin1:

15. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Which is why I ordered with George. :thumb:

16. paid4c4

Sep 26, 2011
    Guys I appreciate the informations. I want to give forum members/supporters first chance for my business. I will call drcfirearms because he at least cared enough to post. I have several pm's to look through. My purchase will come down to availability, service offered, attitude and competitive pricing. And the story continues......
    Bill

17. drcfirearms

Aug 16, 2011
    I look forward to your call and the opportunity, Bill.

18. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I can tell who I wouldn't recommend,but that weasel has has enough publicity in another thread.:frusty:

I will add our favorite PHD to the mix.

I don't know if CJ has sold any since he got his dealership,but considering the service I have received from him on my Baers,I would at least call him for a "discussion" about an order.:lol:

But it is nice to know we have a BUNCH of good firearms dealers on board.

Just one more reason why this forum is the best! :thumb:

DAT85

19. paid4c4

Sep 26, 2011
    Hey Dat, I ventured all the way out Gilbert Avenue to Thomason McConnell and only had to unholster one time! I saw several delivery trucks with rear gunners. I've thought of a new business for that area, an ammo delivery service. Seems like a lot of "9's" in one hand and "40's" in the other is very popular up that way. Oh by the way the "40's" is 40 ounces of beer in brown bags.

20. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Be sure to ask him about the 500 round Mrs DRC break-in....free of charge. Seriously though, Dave is a great guy and has access to pretty much all the top shops. Had I not been in a situation where I needed 8 months to pay for my Brown (using George's layaway), Dave would have gotten my business. :thumb:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted