1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Plates suck i agree so i did like you and bought the non optic cut ones, but my vulcan complete order went from 3-4 months to 8 months after they didnt cut the mount for my p2 correctly and it had play in it.

Do i think all of Vulcans stuff is trash now because they had to double my work time on a $1200 work order? No
But i will say, they arent gunsmiths. They are a machine shop and people would do best to rememeber that.

The excuse i got for my optic mount being so loose was tool wear

on a 1200 investment on a 2k pistol.

oh and the $300 trigger job they did the shoe had verticle play in it (also outsourced)

They outsource everything but the cuts and ports, so the rest of the work isn't even them.

IMO send it to NH have them do their plate system and dont look back, if you want the ports from vulcan get em later but only do the ports.

just my 2 ceents

RMR guy here on pistols. They work, so I stick with them. I do want to try a Holosun pistol RD soon though. I have them on a few rifles and they are rock solid.
I've been an RMR guy since 2011 or 2012, when I got my first red dot pistol. But I started adding Holosuns to my stable over the last couple years, and have to say that Holosun seems to be leaving Trijicon in the dust, at least as far as options (407/507, 508, 509, etc., red or green dots, different reticles) and their battery tray location. I can't say that they've surpassed the RMR in terms of robustness, but I've not had one fail yet. Granted, I'm not kicking doors or dragging my arse thru the sand/jungle for a living, either.

The last 5 pistol optics (and a couple of rifle optics, too) I've bought have been Holosuns- most of them right here from @Chicken Dinner Arms . I really dig their green dots.

I know they say the ARCO is big. It is. Thought I would try one and I love it. Just like everything about it. I will only be going with the arco from here on out. Putting one on my Novaks once it comes back from NHC with IOS cut. The 509t is pretty sweet as well. The 509t definitely has more features.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Ammunition

Outerwear White Textile Sleeve Grey

Out of curiosity, have you (or anyone else) received the Steiner yet, and, if so, what are your impressions of it?
Just seeing this question. I'm really liking the Steiner. I think it complements the look of the Staccato P nicely. I've seen complaints about the auto shutdown but it's very easy to set it to always on. I really like the way it mounts to the slide. It takes the plate used for an Aimpoint Acro and clamps to it, rather than another set of screws. Got it for 397 bucks on Amazon.

Plates suck i agree so i did like you and bought the non optic cut ones, but my vulcan complete order went from 3-4 months to 8 months after they didnt cut the mount for my p2 correctly and it had play in it.

Do i think all of Vulcans stuff is trash now because they had to double my work time on a $1200 work order? No
But i will say, they arent gunsmiths. They are a machine shop and people would do best to rememeber that.

The excuse i got for my optic mount being so loose was tool wear

on a 1200 investment on a 2k pistol.

oh and the $300 trigger job they did the shoe had verticle play in it (also outsourced)

They outsource everything but the cuts and ports, so the rest of the work isn't even them.

IMO send it to NH have them do their plate system and dont look back, if you want the ports from vulcan get em later but only do the ports.

just my 2 ceents
[/QUOTE} Thanks for the heads up .

I've been waiting patiently for FCD to release their Staccato plate, but there has been a delay due to an issue with the rear sights. I think I'm going to have to just go with a Dawson.
Who is FCD ? II bought a 507K Vulcan reticle . Haven't received my plate yet . But that thing even in a tiny window is easy . Plus I went to classes at Taren's . So I learned his Method . Which is different and fast once you get it .

I've got 3 P's and run a 508T on one and 509T's on the other 2. 508T on my Prodigy and 508T on a G19. I'm pleased with both but prefer the 509T's. There MUCH easier to clean.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.