1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Red Dirt’s trigger on my STI Tactical 4.0 and Atlas Erebus last night…

All I can say, is WOW!

Super easy to install! STI took minor stoning for a proper fit. Pre travel is exactly what I was looking to get. I like 1/16” or so of pre-travel and I was able to dial this in with such ease. Their fitment guide as far as trigger length was spot on as well. All around positive review on their triggers! If your on the fence on ordering one, don’t hesitate!

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a big fan of how adjustable the red dirt triggers are. Not the biggest fan of the look of the shoe design, although it does look great in your Erebus. Fortunately "for me" now DSC has a version of the Red Dirt trigger with no cut outs in the shoe.
Wish I’d have know Dave had the solid! I would have definitely gone that route! None the less, still happy with the product!

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do we have a good post on the site that provides information on how to fit this specific trigger into a 2011? I haven’t fitted one before, but I am interested in replacing my Artemis trigger. Thanks!
Not sure if there is a video. But honestly, MAYBE some stoning/sanding with 1,000 grit on granite on tops of shoe. Very minimal fitting! Do not hesitate on ordering

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What size Red Dirt flat would be the same reach as the factory Staccato curved trigger in a P model?
If you look on red-dirt’s website they tell you how to measure for your correct size. Seems to me that F3 may be kind of the standard seeing as that’s the size DSC went with exclusively. I have what I would say average sized hands. Where a size Large gloves.

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Interesting. All my atlas guns run amazing trigger setups, flat of course. I’ve seen a few red dirt in person, the shoe design doesn’t appeal to me, but their engineering is solid. Glad to hear their dial in and setup is that simple and precise.

Lately I’m testing out cheely triggers. This one about to go in a staccato.

View attachment 1181593
My Erebus came with a curved trigger, hence the want to change. I had thought about just buying a new shoe through atlas but once I installed the Red Dirt on the STI I decided to go with that one for the Atlas. Stock trigger weight in the Atlas was already insane at sub 2lb, but did have quite a bit of pre-travel

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I did do that as I stated above. According to there recommendation I should go with an F4 which I think would be longer than I would like. If I knew what size trigger of there's was equivalent to my factory trigger than I could decide. Thanks anyway
@Snatch13 posted the chart and how to measure/compare on the previous page 👍🏻 hopefully that helps. Honestly from the emails I swapped with Red-Dirt, they seemed to stand behind their measurement chart and it sounded like they’d accept in exchange if you weren’t satisfied. Don’t quote me, but just what I gathered. I’d call and chat with them, maybe they could give you assistance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts